Forum Bug Reports and Feature Requests - XenForo 2.2

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator

Issues​

Done​

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't looked much into it, but it seems users cannot switch the forums to Dark mode from the Preferences.

- I'm clicking on my avatar, then on Preferences
=> I see that Style is by default "Lapis Light"
- I click on Style, select "Lapis Dark", and click on Save at the bottom
=> I see a banner "Your changes have been saved" for a couple of seconds, then the style switches to dark, and quickly back to light. The "Lapis Light" is back on the Style selection.

EDIT:
  • If I change other options on the same page, they are properly changed.
  • If I simply click on the night/day icon at the top right, the dark / light mode is properly changed. If after changing to dark mode with that icon, I get back to the Preferences, I see the style has correctly changed to "Lapis Dark". But if I try to change it again from the Preferences, it behaves as before (it switches to light, then back to dark).
=> For now, change the dark/light mode with that top right icon.

Note that the root page (https://www.rpgwatch.com/) has its own button to switch between dark & light, it seems independent from the forum settings.

Last edited:
Click on the moon shape next to Search. In the dark skin it will be a sun shape.
Or
Click at the bottom of the page to the left on Lapis Light to change the skin.
The information is saved in a cookie.

On the dark skin it looks like a typical "settings" cog, it never occurred to me that that is a sun. So it would be good to make that sun look a bit more "typical" so it's more recognizable, once @Arhu has the time.

Firstly, a big thanks to all involved in what must have surely been a chaotic and daunting task!

I was wondering if it's possible to decrease the font / text window scaling. Basically to make it look more like the old RPGWatch and less smartphonefingerpainty.

You can change the text size (zoom) with Ctrl + mousewheel up/down. Firefox also has a separate setting under View/Zoom to adjust text size only.
That's the overall browser zoom, not really advised if you want to see the other websites normally ;)
Or at least it's like that with Chrome (though it seems to remember the settings per website?)

So, new forum, can anything be done now about width, i mean it would be good for the page to fit all the screen not just half

I must say, I wouldn't be against a density a little closer to the old website either.
The zoom does that partly, but it reduces the width at the same time so it doesn't seem to be the best option.
I don't know if that's the font, or its size, or the line spacing, it's probably a mix of all that. On the other hand, it's easier to read. :)

That's the overall browser zoom, not really advised if you want to see the other websites normally ;)
Or at least it's like that with Chrome (though it seems to remember the settings per website?)
All modern browsers remember the setting per website, so that is not an issue.

Newsbits don't create forum threads automatically yet - I'll stop posting new newsbits for now.

With the move to XenForo it makes sense to use a new thread, so here it is. Post about any bugs and cosmetic stuff you stumble upon.

This might already be on the drawing board, but could you add the home link back to the topleft RPGWatch/Watchtower logo?

Yes, this has been requested like 10x already. @Arhu :D
And I put it at the top of my list, too. :)

Unfortunately though I seem to have lost access to most of the forum admin areas during the move, including the ones I need for templates and style options. So if you or @Myrthos could have a look?

Also, I'm on vacation tomorrow so most things will probably have to wait.

Back
Top Bottom