XenForo forums: Tips, Tricks & Questions

It is already fixed. I now also know what that option does :D

Is there a way for us to edit our own title, ie the "SasqWatch" bit? Can't find it.

(Was there a way on the old forums? Never looked for it...)

Yes, click on your name in the top bar, select Account Details and then Custom Title.

For the new posts? I had that for a few threads too. I just marked the forum read and it behaves correctly since then.
Realised after I posted it went back to the start as it is a new forum, should be fine once everyone catches up with threads.

When posting a new thread you might have options you did not have before. I don't know if they are useful, but it is just a try.

Most of the times you also get the option to start a poll. That is not unusual though

In the Tech help forum, you also get the option for a 'Question'. In that way all replies are seen as an answer to that question and they can be upvoted or downvoted. Just like you do in sites like Stack overflow. You can also select the best answer.
We'll see if that works.

In the games forums' there is the extra option for an article. If you ever want to write a review of a game, that would be what you would use. It comes with additional styling options that might be handy. Or not, let's see if it is going to be used.

Seems I cant get the quotes to align with the videos in my news thread. It always post a few spaces under the video. Is there a new way or some type of setting I have to edit?
It was trivial, so: fixed.

The other bugs will have to wait...

You can click on the News menu itself (not its arrow), it directly brings back to the RPGWatch main page. But I agree it's less intuitive. :)
EDIT: on the other hand, it's always visible at the top of the view, no matter how down you have scrolled, so I actually like it better.
"Home" in the lower right corner also works.

It was trivial, so: fixed.

The other bugs will have to wait...
Once again thanks as I see the posts were fixed automatically.🍻

I can concur the news-bits show up under Myrthos name, but when you comment it changes to HiddenX. I've seen this happen before when I was news-poster.

Sounds like a minor error caused by the update.:unsure:

In Xenforo it is handled completely different from how we did it with Vbulletin.
The issue is in the API interface and permissions. It needs admin permissions to push the news post to XF. So it is done under my name and after that I change it to the name of the editor. I had to make a quick change for that yesterday and noticed, like you did, that I missed one element, which I still need to fix.
So, it is working for 90%, which was good enough at the time. Have to to do some RL work again today and will fix it at a later time.
It is good for my post count though :)

I see it recognizes a lot of media URLs, now, handy for the news and such...
It doesn't do anything for news posting as you can't get them in the news editor at the moment.

It doesn't do anything for news posting as you can't get them in the news editor at the moment.
Ah, OK. So we would just see a link on the main page, but we would see the preview when going to the post in the forums? If that's the case, maybe it's not that bad, and it avoids cluttering the main page.

If it intelligently converts links to BB tags, yes that would happen. Don't know if XF does that.

Is there a way to make all forums' fonts look smaller ? They're currently too big for me.

Are you sure your browser zoom is set to 100%?

Back
Top Bottom