Gothic Remake - Showcase Trailer

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
A new showcase trailer for Gothic Remake.

Before we can trust you, you'll first need to pass the TEST OF FAITH.

Can you handle that?

Prepare yourself for a visit in the Old Mine, a dangerous place full of vicious creatures. Descend to the bottom and find Ian - he's your man. Tell him that Diego sent you. If you come back alive with the supplies list, we can talk about you joining us.

That's all you need to know... for now.

Oh, and before you leave, ask Graham for a map. What are you waiting for? Get going!

Gothic 1 Remake is coming to PC, PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S.

All footage captured in-engine.
More information.

Looked like a mixture of in-game footage and staged content. Anyway looks good but after two years of silence THQ could share more details about the remake, but haven't.

All I know is it's a new studio from Spain, and they will try to recreate the same game.

Last edited:
I expected some real gameplay and a release date but pretty good trailer, the area from the trailer was pretty annoying in the original game with 100 ladders, not to mention that fucked up gate at the end
ps those minecrawlers look scary af in the dark :biggrin:

ow yea the good times of old times in the old mines...

This looks very impressive but I'll wait for some gameplay, particularly how combat looks like

Yeah, same as everyone else ... nice looking flyover, let's see if it survives to show actual gameplay let alone a finished product

A trailer with half of minute footage from each camp would have been much cooler

Isn't this the same game that released a demo a while back? Gothic Playable Teaser on Steam. You can all try the gameplay for yourselves. I don't care for the emphasis on horror. But mostly, I found the new combat system terrible (nothing like the originals), and the main character talks to himself constantly. I'm not impressed so far.

Isn't this the same game that released a demo a while back? Gothic Playable Teaser on Steam. You can all try the gameplay for yourselves. I don't care for the emphasis on horror. But mostly, I found the new combat system terrible (nothing like the originals), and the main character talks to himself constantly. I'm not impressed so far.
They've taken on board tons of feedback and completely changing their direction. So that teaser is no longer representative of what they're doing...

That demo, which is nearly 3 years old at this point, was just a test to gauge people's interest in a remake and get feedback. I expect the actual game is significantly different at this point.

*Edit* Pladio replied while I was typing that, but yeah, that demo wouldn't be a very accurate way to see what the game is like.

Can we get some gameplay footage like in the Jagged Alliance 3 trailer?

But mostly, I found the new combat system terrible (nothing like the originals), and the main character talks to himself constantly.
I think that combat is not ready. Last known info (see here, it has eng subs) was that they created several prototypes of combat systems. I dont know if they settled for one or they are still tweaking it. Its very probable that its not ready to be shown. So the video looks like that.
Another rumor is that main hero wont talk too much like in the old demo.

You know I don't envy the developer as the game surely has a ton of fanboys that will hate every thing they change. I'm fine with changes as it's a remake not a remaster.

So please don't listen to them and make the game you want to make. ;p

I think that combat is not ready. Last known info (see here, it has eng subs) was that they created several prototypes of combat systems. I dont know if they settled for one or they are still tweaking it. Its very probable that its not ready to be shown. So the video looks like that.
The combat system in the demo was just a placeholder. I think they copied it from 'For Honor'.

From what I saw, the reaction was largely negative. I didn't like it myself nor did I like the dialogue system. Other than those two things, I thought the demo was pretty decent.

The biggest problem I have with the trailer is that it's good looking but generic. None of the charm of the original, maybe that's not even possible with modern graphical expectations. Kind of like Morrowind vs. Skywind, I guess.

The original Gothic is one of my favorite RPGs - and definitely one of the best open world games I've ever played.

That said, it's sort of a small open world - and I was so taken with it, that it's one of the very, very few games that I remember almost everything about. There's really nothing to go back to that would be fresh for me.

Meaning, I really don't care that much about a visual upgrade with whatever gameplay changes.

I never replayed the original for the same reason, as I got everything I wanted from it - which was the whole thing.

It's not a game that lends itself well to a replay - at least not for me.

But if anyone hasn't already played it - it might be an ideal time to try it once it's finally released.

But if anyone hasn't already played it - it might be an ideal time to try it once it's finally released.
Unless I'm misunderstanding, the remake is more than just a visual upgrade. I assume the map is going to be based off the original, but it's not an exact recreation, and I don't think the quests will be either.

I'm guessing the overall story will be roughly the same, but I expect things to unfold differently enough that it will be worth playing even for people who are very familiar with the original.

I could be wrong of course.

Back
Top Bottom