Things you don't need to know...

Well, yeah. I had been told it could take 4 to 6 weeks to recover from the surgery. In less than a week I have no pain anymore already and the wound is healing well. So that's the positive.

The other positive is I may be able to make a human skin bag and sell it so...

:D

The negative is that almost my entire skin has turned red and is itchy.

My arms are catching up with the rest of my body today.

Not great. No power, and my generator took a crap on me. I was only using it to power my refrigerator, but it's the cherry on top of this shit cake I'm eating.

I was lucky enough to be able to get an electrician coming out tomorrow. I have work at needs to be done before they restore power, but it might still be a week or more before they can get the grid in this area up and running.
Well that's all shite. Very sorry to hear it. I'd be gutted, with the load of food I've got stacked in two freezers.

Have you managed to get the gear needed to patch up the roof, until you can get the builders in?

Have you managed to get the gear needed to patch up the roof, until you can get the builders in?
There's no roof left to patch. At least in that one room. The only thing I can do is try to cover it, but finding a big enough tarp or something similar is the current challenge.

Damn.

We've got a kiddie-table rainstorm tonight, and I was thinking of your situation with that kind of damage. Best of luck getting it all sorted quickly.

No power or internet for almost five days here, this is my first time online since Wednesday morning. My home is fine, took a beating and will need some serious cleaning/debris removal, yet it could have been far worse. My mum came to stay with me shortly before the storm hit, and we found out today her mud room got flooded, yet it didn't get further into the house. Lots to do and getting food/other stuff might be a challenge for a bit, yet it could have been far worse. I've heard some horror stories so, for now, I'm simply filled with gratitude.

And an intense dislike for the name Ian, atm.

I've been following the videos, and it's just horrifying. I'm glad you folks are still in one piece!

I fear the consequences will be felt for a long time in Florida.

View: https://youtu.be/GFm6Ete2RBc

I keep trying to upload some photos I took of my area, but RPGWatch tells me the files are too large.

I'll put them on an image hosting site as soon as I get my PC back online.

The sites SSD storage for images is full. For now it's better to upload to another site and share any images. You should read the Forum Bug Reports and Feature Requests.

The sites SSD storage for images is full. For now it's better to upload to another site and share any images. You should read the Forum Bug Reports and Feature Requests.
Not quite, that was resolved, so image uploading works normally. But size limits have always been in place to prevent overly large files being uploaded. I assume Myrthos set the limits to something reasonable, I haven't checked myself what they are currently. You can easily batch resize images with free programs like IrfanView or google "resize images online", which will allow you to do it without installing any programs.

Glad to see it fixed and yeah your only allowed to upload certain file sizes. I believe the cap is 1MB. I could be wrong but that's what I remember from uploading screenshots.

Got my power restored last night. No TV or internet though. I'm hoping to get that back by the end of the week.

It'll probably be months before I can get my roof repaired. Everyone around here will be on some very long waiting lists.

Got my power restored last night. No TV or internet though. I'm hoping to get that back by the end of the week.

It'll probably be months before I can get my roof repaired. Everyone around here will be on some very long waiting lists.
So you got a level up in that game. Best wishes for the next levels!
A question out of curiosity: Can you go to work normally or is that impossible for some reason?

Small steps back to civilisation. Did you manage to source a tarpolin or rig something up to prevent further damage to your home?

Back
Top Bottom