The TV Series discussion thread

You know that projecting that what I did was insulting and mocking doesn't make it insulting and mocking, right?

If you're gonna get this butthurt over people saying naughty things about a show you like, maybe it's time for you to stop participating.
Every conversation you ever have on this forum follows as very specific flowchart. Calling someone "butthurt" is always the last point on the list.

Have fun on my ignore list.

Every conversation you ever have on this forum follows as very specific flowchart. Calling someone "butthurt" is always the last point on the list.

Have fun on my ignore list.
Yeah, every conversation. 🙄

I'll welcome being on your ignore list. I'm not a fan of dishonest people who feel the need to bullshit like that.

I have started to watch House of the Dragon, and despite the lore changes it's not that bad. I wonder how long HBO can stretch out the saga. As it's based on one book.

My guess is three seasons at the max, and two more then likely.

On a side note some of the new actors to replace the younger ones take a while to get used to. I see why they did it as the first seven episodes cover over ten years of the saga.

I have started to watch House of the Dragon, and despite the lore changes it's not that bad. I wonder how long HBO can stretch out the saga. As it's based on one book.

My guess is three seasons at the max, and two more then likely.

On a side note some of the new actors to replace the younger ones take a while to get used to. I see why they did it as the first seven episodes cover over ten years of the saga.
They said up front how long it's going to be. I think it actually is three seasons.

They said up front how long it's going to be. I think it actually is three seasons.
Thanks that was my guess. It was mentioned they have more spin-offs in development. A series about the fall of the Valyrian Empire and Aegons eventual conquest of Westeros would be nice to watch. Even a prologue of the original show I would watch.

Thanks that was my guess. It was mentioned they have more spin-offs in development. A series about the fall of the Valyrian Empire and Aegons eventual conquest of Westeros would be nice to watch. Even a prologue of the original show I would watch.
The spinoff I've seen a poster for is for "Snow", which I have no interest in. Jon wandering around north of the wall, looks like.

Yeah, I have little interest in Snow. I'd rather see the adventures of his little murder-scamp sister in the west.

I'm enjoying House of Dragons quite a bit, btw. Maybe it helps I haven't read the source material, so don't know what interesting bits they may be skipping. Hopefully they don't fuck it by rushing the last season like GoT did.

I am pretty much a Tolkien purist - the Silmarillion is my favorite book of all time, which I'll re-read every few years - and I am afraid to watch this new show. It sounds like they threw some random elves, dwarves and humans into a world they called Middle-earth and called it done. But like someone else mentioned, how are you supposed to do justice to the lore if you can't use more than half of it??? That's just a shipwreck waiting to happen.

For reference, I did enjoy FotR by Jackson (which is the best by far of any of the Jackson adaptations), couldn't care less about TTT, was okay with RotK, hated all 3 Hobbit ones.

I suppose I should just get it over with and watch it, so I can form my own opinion.

An excellent show I saw not too long ago is Asimov's Foundations. I highly recommend it. The recent Halo live action show was great too. All anyone is talking about at work is Dahmer. When Game of Thrones was originally on, that was the big topic at work. No one at work has mentioned House of Dragons once. Is it that much worse than the original? Is G. R. R. Martin involved at all?

My girlfriend and I have completely different tastes so it is hard to find a show we both like. She loves ones like Riverdale and Scream and Pretty Little Liars; I find these shows really hard to watch. The last show we watched together and both enjoyed is Echoes (about two crazy twin sisters switching lives every year).

I've watched the first four episodes of Andor and, lo and behold, this might be the first truly decent Star Wars for me since Empire (though I did kinda enjoy Rogue One). Something I thought after the most recent episode was that this seems almost on par with an HBO calibre show, head and shoulders above the other Disney offerings that I've viewed to date.

I'm enjoying Andor, too. It's funny, when they were talking about the various series a while back, this is the one I was least interested in (Andor? Why Andor? He's nothing!).

Much grittier and well directed than any of the other recent shows, keeping a similar tone to Rogue One (which is the best of the recent movies IMO, so maybe I shouldn't have been dubious given that he was in that one).

Still enough time for it to fall off the cliff though, I guess. I thought the Boba Fett series was the bee's knees until it suddenly became the Spy Kids and Baby Yoda show.

I hope you guys ain't whistling Dixie... I didn't think I'd watch a Star Wars product ever again.

The Rogue One talk tempts me. I thought that didn't have a well-structured, compelling story, but it got all the key things about the Star Wars feel and tone just right. Bits of it were spot on.

I loved Rogue One, I thought it's the only really good SW movie since the original Trilogy. I think I will have to watch Andor since you guys like it. I quite liked him in the movie as well.

I hope you guys ain't whistling Dixie... I didn't think I'd watch a Star Wars product ever again.

The Rogue One talk tempts me. I thought that didn't have a well-structured, compelling story, but it got all the key things about the Star Wars feel and tone just right. Bits of it were spot on.
I just watched the latest and I don't think I'm whistling anything. Which is to say, I honestly think it's pretty good. Of course, you may still might not, but hopefully you recognise the increase in quality.

For All Mankind is still keeping me entertained, I'm up to episode seven of the second series, where the Soviets and US are working together to send a joint mission to the moon, although at least one of the factions are toting some significant firepower. The fifth episode of Andor was good, this show keeps getting better with each broadcast, it's a shame it took so long to get a good Star Wars show yet I'm glad someone finally delivered.

Back
Top Bottom