Expeditions: Rome - Review

I mostly agree, except I found the legion battles rather fun since they've changed the system to make them less random. And I didn't find the female playthrough so much different but this run is still ongoing, so perhaps it comes later (I blame KCD for that).

Little advice: fast-forward 3'20 to skip the nonsense at the beginning. ;)

Well I'm not a fan of Souls-like games in general so I played it already. As for the game it's not bad but I'm starting to doubt it will ever see any serious DLC. More patches as well.

Eh, somebody has the time to watch one hour videos of some dude talking crap and having a few lines about the game in between? This guy should cut his videos to 5 minutes, max...

About the game: I, for some reason, did not find it interesting. I managed about 10 hours until I got bored and quit. It was the military campaigns on the world map that killed my interest. That's weird and a shame, though, because I loved Expeditions Viking. Not entirely sure what was the problem with this one. Perhaps I just didn't get far enough in it to be gripped by the story.

Eh, somebody has the time to watch one hour videos of some dude talking crap and having a few lines about the game in between? This guy should cut his videos to 5 minutes, max...
Agreed. I must admit I had to skip a big chunk in the middle because he was getting on my nerves. 😅 He used to be funnier.

Sorry to hear you didn't like it, the conquest mechanics really seems to be the polarizing part of the game. At some point they reduced the number of required sectors but it was soon after release so it must have already been the case for you.

That on top of tactical combat may feel repetitive perhaps. I had doubts in the first act, that's where the scales tip to the conquest side and where the story / quest part is sparser, but act 2 reverses that trend and act 3 in Gaul was by far the best for me.

That on top of tactical combat may feel repetitive perhaps. I had doubts in the first act, that's where the scales tip to the conquest side and where the story / quest part is sparser, but act 2 reverses that trend and act 3 in Gaul was by far the best for me.
Good to know. I'll revisit the game eventually trying to plough the first act through hoping it gets better in the second.

Back
Top Bottom