Weird West - Patch 1.05 with Mod Support

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
WolfEye Studios released patch 1.05 for Weird West, fixing a few bugs and introducing support for mods. One of the showcased mods adds first-person view:

Weird West Patch 1.05 launches with mod support + First-Person mod!

Weird West Patch 1.05 is now live. This new free update introduces mod support for the game and fixes a handful of bugs reported by the community.

Edit: please note that due to a technical issue the release of patch 1.05 on the Epic Game Store has been delayed but should be available within 24 hours (the build update is just pending Epic approval but is all ready to go!)

MOD SUPPORT (STEAM/EGS/GOG Only)
You can now browse and install mods directly from the in-game mod menu, courtesy of mod.io!

We threw in a few sample mods for you to toy with as a starter pack:

• Gender Swap mod: lets you swap the visual gender of the Bounty Hunter, Pigman, Protector and Devotee
  • Undead Animals mod: lets you swap animals' visual model for undead variations
  • Long Lasting Tools mod: new shovels, pickaxes, and skinning tools will have increased durability
  • No Friendly Fire mod: disables friendly fire even in higher difficulty modes
[...]
Thanks Redglyph!

More information.

I tried this one. It lives up to it's name: a weird one with a western setting. Somehow it gave me the Wasteland vibes, although combat was more like in Cannon Fodder, if someone remembers that game from the 90s. A decent and different game (but not great). Recommended for those who want variation to their turn-based RPGs. It's available on Game Pass.

Last edited:
I played the demo - it's still available and updated with the game. I'm not sure I'd call that great either but it was a lot of fun. I'll buy the game once the backlog is down to a reasonable level or if I see a good discount.

I played it on Game Pass. It's a pretty good game if you like the setting. I'd say it's probably worth picking up when it eventually goes on sale.

That mod will increase sales as I hate the top down shooter view. I know that camera view has a name already but it slips my befuddled brain without my morning coffee. :coffee:

That mod will increase sales as I hate the top down shooter view. I know that camera view has a name already but it slips my befuddled brain without my morning coffee. :coffee:
"top down" is what it is. Some call that isometric (to make your morning easier 😁 ) but it's not exactly true, though close enough.

It's not always easy to shoot with that view, honestly, it takes some time to adjust and even so, it's not my preferred system. I'll probably try the mod once it's more stable and I have bought the full game. 3rd-person view is easier for the stealth part, thankfully they seem to have a switch between the two.

I've seen the term twin stick shooter thrown around as well. As they usually use the same top down false isometric view. Man that does sound better then top-down. :biggrin:

Now you both are confused ;)

The view/perspective in the game is similar to isometric games where you can freely rotate camera (Divinity Original Sin etc.). You can choose between three zoom levels. The 3D models are rendered in Unreal Engine, hence the mod is possible. If you hate all the games you seem to love, you'll hate this one too when it comes to the perspective ;)

Twin stick shooter means that the game is designed for gamepad. You use one of the sticks to move and the other one to aim on a plane. I imagine for M&K, you'll use the keyboard to move and mouse to aim. Similar to Cannon Fodder as I wrote above. I'd remember that the menu had also other control options than "twin stick shooter" but don't remember what they were. There is no pause, so the combat is hectic and will certainly be divisive. My old eyes suffer while playing it and I need to repeat some fights multiple times before I succeed, but I think that's the point with this game. It's not meant to be easy but it is easy to quick load.

EDIT: I remembered wrong the camera rotation. Corrected.

Last edited:
This is by no means an isometric game you sir/madam are confused as well. :biggrin:

Though your probably correct but it's nothing like an isometric RPG. As for twin stick shooters I've seen a few RPGs that use a similar viewpoint like this get called that.

One example is The Ascent RPG from last year. It's mostly due to how combat is implemented. So using a twin stick controller with buttons is the preferred method.

Last edited:
Let's settle on "pseudo-isometric" ;) But yes, everyone calls that isometric even if the camera rotates and (I think) isn't orthographic - actually it's a perspective projection that mimics old games' isometric projection.

I imagine for M&K, you'll use the keyboard to move and mouse to aim.
That's how it works indeed, it makes a shooting line from the character to the mouse pointer and guesses about the height since it's not 2D (same with the gamepad I suppose?). There are a few options to tune that but I haven't touched them. I'm not used to that style of control so I'm not very good when the combat gets frantic.

The game's at -50% now, and I've just finished KCD so there's no excuse anymore. (well, there is but I won't listen to reason)

Let's settle on "pseudo-isometric" ;) But yes, everyone calls that isometric even if the camera rotates and (I think) isn't orthographic - actually it's a perspective projection that mimics old games' isometric projection.
That's the next level :ROFLMAO: Previously they had to make games that mimicked 3D using isometric projection because computers weren't powerful enough to render 3D (or it was simpler to make such games). Nowadays they make 3D games that mimic isometric projection for nostalgia...

Anyway, I guess it's all the same. It's just a matter of point of view (bun intended) :p

Back
Top Bottom