S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Unofficial Remaster on December 25th

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
DSOGaming reports that the unofficial remaster for S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl will release on December 25th.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl Rebuild is basically being rebuilt in the OGSR Engine, which is an evolution of the X-Ray Engine. This unofficial remaster will have higher-quality textures for select objects/surfaces. Players can also expect new sounds (from mutants to dialogs and weapons, replacing with high-quality ones, creating and adding new ones), better NPCs (also with some new NPC models), better shaders effects, and more.

[...]

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.-Shadow-of-Chernobyl-Rebuild-new-screenshots-6.jpg

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.-Shadow-of-Chernobyl-Rebuild-new-screenshots-8.jpg
More information.

It's impressive that the modding community is still going as strong as it is for the Stalker series. In reality, this game has already been remastered multiple times.

Sounds interesting. I will check it out. Maybe it will turn into a nice Christmas present.

Sorry not my cup of tea but the games have some dedicated modders.

I don't know why, but 3rd person games have always been my preference. Maybe I just suck at FPS types and/or combat. I played the STALKER games and they were fun and the only games that ever really creeped me out by their atmosphere. If they offered a 3rd person option, I'd go back to them in an instant.

Interesting that this texture pack got picked up and passed around by news sites.

Looks fantastic, especially the models. But as far as stalker mods go, it'd be better integrated with bigger mods.

Interesting that this texture pack got picked up and passed around by news sites.

Looks fantastic, especially the models. But as far as stalker mods go, it'd be better integrated with bigger mods.
If it's indeed a rebuild under an updated engine, it's highly unlikely to be compatible with anything.

If it's indeed a rebuild under an updated engine, it's highly unlikely to be compatible with anything.
This is a texture/model pack. OGSR is a separate project. It's built on it is because OGSR is SoC-focused.

...wow

Maybe you should find out yourself and stop being wrong by repeating what the article wrongly implies.

I thought it was odd a relatively smallish mod got picked up and passed around, turns out nobody understands stalker modding.

Back
Top Bottom