C2077 Cyberpunk 2077 - News Roundup

Cyberpunk 2077
What I meant was: maybe I'm mistaken but didn't they say CP2077 would have some content DLCs like TW3 has (Hearts of Stone, Blood & Wine)?

In case I'm mistaken, I beg your pardon.
CDPR hinted they had huge plans for Cyberpunk 2077. Then came the negative launch and sales of the game that most of the said plans were quickly put on hold and changed.

Based on interviews, articles, and fan speculation it was hinted the game would have two large expansions, and later get an MMO version. Even the free launch DLC was delayed.

Now two years later they dropped the RED Engine and decided one expansion that's it. Then moving on. I cant blame them as the game has cost a lot of resources and bad pr.

It's tricky. I don't think making you miss is a viable option because that's not satisfying for players. Remember the "whoosh, whoosh, whoosh" of early Morrowind? Even if it's realistic to miss a lot of shots, it makes players feel inept. And nobody wants to feel inept while playing a power fantasy.

Something in between would have worked for me. Allow character to take lots of shots in the torso, legs and arms (chalk it up to armor), but dramatically increase the damage for headshots, just like most shooters do. It was annoying to me in CP2077 how you could stealth your way around and shoot an unaware enemy in the back of the skull... and then watch them get up with 90% of their health still intact.
Tricky, true, but is it even possible to make a good shooter with "deep" RPG mechanics? Using the word "deep" here because that's what CDPR used. I fail to come up with an example of an RPG shooter where this is done right. Perhaps Mass Effect 1 is the best example I can come up with. Otherwise, I could only name shooters or action games, but again Mass Effect was more of a shooter than an RPG...

I think it is possible, but one would need carefully to balance the levelling between accuracy, traits (feats), weapon handling skills, enemy behavior, number and quality of gear enemies are wearing. Mass Effect 1 had shooting inaccuracy shown as a circle which got smaller when the character found better weapons and levelled. That system worked fine, but you are right one should not make the character too inaccurate in the beginning. Also, weapon handling could be scaled to level: how quick the character lifts the weapon, the time it takes to aim, how often the weapon jams, etc. Then add feats to that like the possibility to use tracking bullets etc. If AI was ever good enough, one could also scale enemy AI to their level. I.e. low level enemies would behave stupid. At higher levels, one would have more enemies and they would have better gear (armor).

I think in that way one could make a good RPG and shooter in one game. A headshot has to be more or less lethal unless the enemy is synth, and only few well aimed bullets should kill most common enemies. The scheme should go the other way too: one headshot from an enemy and it's game over. No matter the level of the character. Unless the character has a helmet which lore says will prevent headshots, that is.

A headshot has to be more or less lethal unless the enemy is synth, and only few well aimed bullets should kill most common enemies. The scheme should go the other way too: one headshot from an enemy and it's game over. No matter the level of the character. Unless the character has a helmet which lore says will prevent headshots, that is.
I agree with a lot of your post, but not this part. That would be logical, of course, but you can't do it. It would just be frustrating. As a player, there's nothing you can do to avoid headshots. Your living or dying is all up to some calculation the computer does to determine if the enemy AI shoots you in the head or not. You can't duck your head in computer games (you can crouch your entire body, but that's not the same). You can't make sure to interpose cover between your head and the enemy (cover is a binary calculation, and you can't shoot them if they can't shoot you). You can't time their shots and shoot when they're reloading (they never reload). Games are not sophisticated enough to allow for those behaviors. At least, they never have been to date.

One of my favorite Skyrim mods was a simple one: it made enemy archers occasionally miss. By default, they never would; you could run or crouch walk around behind cover for however long you wanted, and the milisecond you rose up to fire at them the AI would know exactly where you were and unerringly hit you. That's the level of AI in most games. Cat and mouse tactics are therefore useless.

CDPR hinted they had huge plans for Cyberpunk 2077. Then came the negative launch and sales of the game that most of the said plans were quickly put on hold and changed.

Based on interviews, articles, and fan speculation it was hinted the game would have two large expansions, and later get an MMO version. Even the free launch DLC was delayed.

Now two years later they dropped the RED Engine and decided one expansion that's it. Then moving on. I cant blame them as the game has cost a lot of resources and bad pr.
Well, having only one content DLC has its advantages: I'll have to wait less time to play the full game :D

Seems strange to me that people would be petitioning for something like that before we even have the first expansion. How about we see how good that one is first?

Personally, I'm ready for CDPR to move on. Get Phantom Liberty out and maybe one last big patch so they can focus more people toward the new Witcher game and Cyberpunk 2.

From that article...
There is no denying that the popularity of the title is largely related to the success of Cyberpunk: Edgerunners. The anime won the hearts of viewers around the world and has become one of the most watched productions on Netflix. The game hit elements inspired by the series, both official and fan-made, for example, a certain moderator prepared "preset" of the face of Lucy, one of the heroines of the series.

Now that's surprising.

Well a subset of anime fans are how do I put it without offending creepy. :ROFLMAO:

I have no desire to play a loli inspired edge-runner.

On the plus side the anime did help sales but I worry for the sequels.

Why Cyberpunk 2077 Phantom Liberty Paid Expansion Is A Good Thing

On today’s IGN The Daily Fix:CD Projekt Red has confirmed that its major Cyberpunk 2077 expansion, Phantom Liberty, will be paid DLC when it's released in 2023.

Who knows ask IGN I just post links and videos.:coffee:

I assume like most entitled gamers who bought a broken copy they want free content.

There is an old saying that to “assume” makes an “ass out of you and me” :biggrin:

Apparently the confusion is because The Witcher 3 had several free "DLCs", and a handful of larger paid "expansions". Cyberpunk 2077 has had free DLC, such as recent updates which added the Sandevistan from the Cyberpunk: Edgerunners anime. Phantom Liberty is a full expansion, however: a new story described as a "spy-thriller" in which V seems to go to work for the the New United States Of America and explores an entirely new district in Night City.

New Cyberpunk Game Won’t Start Pre-Production in 2023 - Twinfinite
Today, during the CD Projekt Group earnings presentation, the developer shared more details about its plans for the previously-announced sequel of Cyberpunk 2077. President and joint CEO Adam Kiciński was asked whether CD Projekt expects to enter the pre-production phase of the sequel in 2023. He mentioned that the developer will start working on the next full Cyberpunk game after releasing the expansion “Phantom Liberty”. Initially, there will be a research and concept phase, which formally isn’t defined as “pre-production” yet. Once the concept is ready, the development will start with pre-production.

Back
Top Bottom