Urban Strife - Demo on December 8

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Good news from White Pond Games: an updated demo of Urban Strife will be available on December 8:

Urban Strife - TBS Survival RPG

We're pleased to announce that you'll be able to play the 🔥updated Urban Strife demo🔥 at #turnbasedfest, starting Dec. 8th. Keep an eye on our Steam page #indiegame #zombieapocalypse #turnbased #strategy
Thanks Redglyph!

More information.

I assume this one will show off the base management layer as well.
It would be nice, along with a little bit more of the campaign maybe, and all the improvements. They'll confirm the new features soon.

Here's the link to #TurnBasedFest, there are about 250 games no less, but not all have a demo. I see Zoria: Age of Shattering (but I think it was already there), The Necromancer's Tale, others that I don't know.

For Urban Strife, the site mentions "For the first time since October 2021's Steam NextFest, will have a demo build available of the game, incorporating all of the updates from the past year". I hope the demo stays longer than 5 days.

Here's the link to #TurnBasedFest, there are about 250 games no less, but not all have a demo. I see Zoria: Age of Shattering (but I think it was already there), The Necromancer's Tale, others that I don't know.
It's interesting that some of those games are quite old. I had thought it was a showcase for new games.

Question is to play or not to play? Just makes the waiting to play the full version harder. Anyway I played the last Steam Fest demo and loved it. Hopefully it gets released next year.

Considering it was originally supposed to be released this year, I can't see this slipping into 2024.

I just hope it doesn't get released the same week as one of the multitude of other titles I'm looking forward to next year. 2023 is starting to get a little crowded at this point.

The last update did mention two more demos then it would release. 2023 is indeed looking vastly over-crowded that some games will probably be pushed back to stagger releases.

We all know Couch likes to predict that each game will be released in two years. ;)

For my part I believe it will be released next year since they thought it would be finished Q1 2023 and they seem cautious about announcements. Give a few months to remove the bugs and tune the difficulty, a mid-year release doesn't seem out of the question.

We all know Couch likes to predict that each game will be released in two years. ;)
Well Co-vid and all the industry delays last year have proven a certain point. Every game regardless of developer size can and will be delayed. With some exceptions for sure. :biggrin:

Well Co-vid and all the industry delays last year have proven a certain point. Every game regardless of developer size can and will be delayed. With some exceptions for sure. :biggrin:
Yeah, there was a fair share of postponement, for sure. No wonder old games have so much success if that's all there is left to play. :D

For my part I believe it will be released next year since they thought it would be finished Q1 2023 and they seem cautious about announcements. Give a few months to remove the bugs and tune the difficulty, a mid-year release doesn't seem out of the question.
I'd be shocked if it wasn't, but I think the demo will probably give us a better idea of where it's at.

More details on the demo, it's for tomorrow apparently, at 17h00 GMT. It looks like it's only for the duration of the event.

The new Urban Strife demo is launching Friday, December 9th, during an official launch party hosted on Twitch by Zemalf, starting at 12 EST (17 GMT).

Urban Strife is joining another 300 turn-based games or so for the #TurnBasedFest event and you'll be able to download and play the demo for the entire duration. We'll come back with an updated demo in January and again, in February, for Spring NextFest!

The new demo is built on the latest production Unreal Engine (4.27) and thus comes with native 4k support. The entire interface has been upgraded to this new resolution, with some changes/improvement and additions to the shelter economy and looting HUD.

Speaking of looting, the entire loot system has been reworked, based on Loot Areas (more details in our DevBlogs) and container loot preferences and should make more sense. Containers also change visual state when looted - that will also come in handy.

Combat wise we're on the second AI iteration and working on third already. The weapon load-out has been adjusted for all enemies to fit the early game states of the Prologue.

Finally, the main RPG quest lines have been streamlined for more logical completition. Hope you'll enjoy the updates to the game and have a good time playing the demo!

Back
Top Bottom