Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - 1 Million Copies sold

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Owlcat Games has sold one million copies of Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous:

Owlcat Games:

Great news, Crusaders! We are happy to announce that international sales of Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous have exceeded the 1 million mark! It is an important milestone for us. Thank you for the support, for believing in us, and for spreading the word!

More information.

Good for them. The game is generally quite good, in my opinion, although I do not like some design ideas - like inflated stats / AC or the crusade "strategic" layer.

That's great. I wonder how many season passes they have sold?

congrats-2.gif

Good for them. The game is generally quite good, in my opinion, although I do not like some design ideas - like inflated stats / AC or the crusade "strategic" layer.
To be fair, the setting is about becoming an epic character and quasi-god. You regularly battle creatures which would be arch-villains in other settings.
Especially on hardcore difficulty and up you need to know what your are doing. And there is a learning curve there. Once you have that knowledge, there are ways to get around different protections. Not unlike Kangaxx in BG II, just more often.

To be fair, the setting is about becoming an epic character and quasi-god. You regularly battle creatures which would be arch-villains in other settings.
Especially on hardcore difficulty and up you need to know what your are doing. And there is a learning curve there. Once you have that knowledge, there are ways to get around different protections. Not unlike Kangaxx in BG II, just more often.
I don't think that is what he is saying entirely though. At the moment on "Core" rules monster stats are COMPLETELY different than the PF Bestiary. AC values can be 2-4x higher, HP more than double etc.

I get that it is done for Balance reasons though and to extend combats. BG2 was the same. The worst was in Kingmaker having a shield spec tank with an AC of over 60 (might of been 70 or more) and getting hit 25% of the time by monsters which should never get anywhere close to hitting that frequently. That is kind of the problem with 3.5 though - it really allows for min/maxing so game designers have to design for it - which is very hard. Maybe having less enemies/combat would be a step in the right direction.

Going turn based only should enable a more Tabletop like experience but it doesn't seem to work out that way.

Back
Top Bottom