HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The open-world RPG Wartales will be released today:

Wartales

FIGHT, SURVIVE AND LIVE TO TELL THE TALES

It has been a hundred years since the world saw the fall of the once great Edoran Empire at the hands of an unprecedented plague that swept the nation. In the turmoil and uncertainty that has followed, mercenary work, banditry and thievery across the land is abundant, as honor has long since become an almost entirely forgotten virtue.

Now, prepare to lead a group of unscrupulous characters who revel in such activity in a massive open world where combat, death and a thirst for riches will shape and define your day to day life. You are not special, the chosen one or a once in a millennia hero ushering in a new era of peace. Your goal is solely to survive and thrive in this harsh and hostile world.

Only the bravest and most ambitious can hope to see their story written in the Wartales!

EXPLORE

• Journey through the gigantic world of Wartales and explore each of its corners in your quest for notoriety, wealth and recognition.
  • Explore lively and vibrant villages, vestiges of a forgotten time, abandoned mines, deserted camps and more that litter this vast continent as you unravel the history of the world.
PROSPER

• Fight your way out of perilous situations with a new twist on tactical turn based combat, as you are confronted by wild animals, fearless bandits and more...
  • Recruit new companions with numerous unique specializations, skill sets, weapon preferences resulting in a plethora of possible builds.
  • Accept contracts that will see you defend, liberate and save the many inhabitants of the land, be they good natured people just trying to make their way or those with less honorable motives...
  • Collect bounties! From the most insignificant petty thieves to the lands most notorious figures, there's no such thing as a profit too small to take.
DEVELOP

• Enhance you and your companions capabilities with a deep and intuitive RPG progression and crafting system.
  • Improve your group's equipment by gathering materials and crafting powerful new weapons and tools.
  • Develop your camp, adding new amenities, tools & equipment to increase your group's morale and efficiency.
More information.

Busy with Disciples Liberation now, will try this after that; no magic or stuff like that seems meh.

I have a feeling that this game will still grow and waiting a bit before engaging will not hurt. Maybe they'll release it for other platforms than Windows eventually.

I find the lack of magic refreshing rather than meh.

Available now and 25% off
edit bought it a week ago, so managed to refund it and bought it again lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Very excited! Been waiting to play more solid (just been putting around in EA before).

Anyone an idea how long the campaign is?
after 60ish hrs (combat grinding included) there is nothing to see anymore. But this was before 1.0 and idk how much actual content has been added (i've read a new region).
edit : i'm starting from scratch again and noticed paths are not completed yet there still missing "coming soon" spots.

Last edited:
Is there a review that explains the coop-aspect of this game? I'm always looking for good coop-games to play with my friends.

Thank you, that actually looks very promising, though pretty hard.

I have restarted a playthrough - and unlike @JFarrell71 I don't enjoy it as much as Battle Brothers, but it still is a fun little TB game. I am not sure if I'll end up finishing the game, but I am enjoying it for now.

I started on Experienced difficulty with limited saves, I now have 2 ponies and a party of 6/7 characters, but still in the first region.
I'm looking for another Archer to take on a rat infestation.

I'm looking for another Archer to take on a rat infestation.
Pretty impressive those archers :D Hitting rats must be difficult unless they are the fantasy giant kind of rats?

Pragmatic me would use rat-traps, but I guess that's not possible?

Back
Top Bottom