Star Trek: Resurgence - Released

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The adventure RPG Star Trek: Resurgence has been released on Epic Games:

Star Trek: Resurgence - Exclusive Launch Trailer

Check out the exciting Star Trek: Resurgence launch trailer for new Star Trek narrative adventure. Featuring dialogue-driven role-playing elements and branching storylines, prepare to step into the Star Trek universe. Get a peek at what's to come in this latest trailer.
More information.

Big /thumbs down from me on any Epic exclusive release. Yet, if anyone here actually ponies up the cash and gives it a whirl, feel free to please tell us your impressions.

Like Star Wars, I never got into the Star Trek train either. I don't know if the game will be good on its own if it wasn't about Star Trek, but these titles usually benefit from the IP. Since the IP does nothing positive or negative to me, good chance that the game itself isn't meant for me either, but if anyone tries it and wants to share their experience I'm happy to hear first-hand experiences.

Like Star Wars, I never got into the Star Trek train either. I don't know if the game will be good on its own if it wasn't about Star Trek, but these titles usually benefit from the IP. Since the IP does nothing positive or negative to me, good chance that the game itself isn't meant for me either, but if anyone tries it and wants to share their experience I'm happy to hear first-hand experiences.
I don't think you'll be missing much if you pass on this.

That said, I think the IP has huge potential for a real RPG. There's just so much lore and so many races, locations, etc. I'd love to see a major studio tackle it with a real budget.

I don't think you'll be missing much if you pass on this.

That said, I think the IP has huge potential for a real RPG. There's just so much lore and so many races, locations, etc. I'd love to see a major studio tackle it with a real budget.
I hear you, I feel the same about Dune. After the recent movie, it's just asking for a proper massive, lore-rich RPG to be made about it - hopefully not another RTS.

I just finished watching Picard s3, and I wanna play this!

I hear you, I feel the same about Dune. After the recent movie, it's just asking for a proper massive, lore-rich RPG to be made about it - hopefully not another RTS.
Yes but the new RTS was good too.

There is one but it's funded by Funcom and an MMO. Not my cup of tea.
Also the new RTS is good but it's not like past games either.

Also here is some Star Trek: Resurgence reviews.(y)

If it's similar to the most recent Picard series, I'd be interested. If, on the other hand, it's simply more regurgitated Abrahms garbage, I'll take a huge, mocking pass.

Back
Top Bottom