Rogue Trader - Official Trailer

I'm really excited about this one. Owlcat always makes their games with such love for the lore of the setting and attention to detail, and WH40k has such a rich landscape to dig at. I feel many people will truly experience what WH40k really is for the first time, most other WH40k games are skin-deep shooters or RTS. I trust this one will deliver.

I recognise most of areas/missions in trailer from alpha but it seems like graphics/presentation improved heaps in beta. Also, it looks like we finally get to meet space wolf companion.

I'm not sure whether it will be well recieved for non-40K fans tho. I wasn't sold on it from alpha. Writing was decent but I didn't feel quite engaged. Hoping beta will change my mind.

Cool, looking forward to reading about your impressions. :)

So you can play as chaos/evil?

So you can play as chaos/evil?
Not sure. It would be cool if you can though. But maybe the story is setup in a way that you have to be the hero, which is common in rpgs.

As I understand it, there will be an alignment system, but it's not implemented yet. At least it wasn't in the alpha. purpleblob probably knows more.

I chuckled a bit that there's a big ad at the end for the collector's edition, when they still haven't even managed to finish shipping out the Kickstarter collector's editions that were purchased for Wrath of the Righteous. At least we did get an update last month, that they would be shipping "soon" (though we've heard that before...)

That said, I've already ordered the collector's for this anyway :LOL:

I chuckled a bit that there's a big ad at the end for the collector's edition, when they still haven't even managed to finish shipping out the Kickstarter collector's editions that were purchased for Wrath of the Righteous. At least we did get an update last month, that they would be shipping "soon" (though we've heard that before...)

That said, I've already ordered the collector's for this anyway :LOL:
Good luck receiving it!

I'm looking forward to your feedback too, but I don't think that I'll play this game. I'm not particularly interested by the lore, and what I read about the alpha wasn't convincing. For a very long game like this, both would need to be very good.

Looking forward to it. Needs more grime though. Looks too clean.

Looks fantastic. I'll wait for the finished game myself, but very keen to play it eventually.

Daniel.

I'm looking forward to your feedback too, but I don't think that I'll play this game. I'm not particularly interested by the lore, and what I read about the alpha wasn't convincing. For a very long game like this, both would need to be very good.
Cool, looking forward to reading about your impressions. :)
I may or may not finish it depending on how much I enjoy it :p

Even though I can't wait for this to be released, I won't play the beta either, same as I haven't played any BG3, so that I can experience it as fresh as possible when it releases. I did poke around for a bit in the alpha build they gave some keys for a few months ago. In that one, you were given a premade high-level party, so it was confusing to have a ton of skills that you didn't naturally learn and develop on your own, so I didn't care for the combat, but I liked the rest. To me, WH40k is not about the combat anyway, they could have made it a graphic novel for all I care. They seem to have improved a lot of things in the last few months, which bodes well - The UI looks already much cleaner now than it did back then, for example.

Hopefully, it will release near the end of the year so it doesn't conflict with BG3 because that's probably the only thing that can keep me from playing this on release.

Back
Top Bottom