PoE2 Deadfire Ending [SPOILER]

Pillars of Eternity II

Philistine

Keeper of the Watch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
I finished the game I still don't understand what Eothas thinks he's going to achieve by destroying the wheel. He seems to be saying a lot of encouraging words while acting like a dick. I want to have faith in him because he's a god, but WTF?

He thinks the other Gods were being utterly selfish, and doing an absolutely terrible of governing the universe according to their original mandate. But he's also holding out some vague sliver of hope that Kith can somehow reach a more favorable balance with the Gods (except for Rymrgand) desperate enough to reach a more accommodating balance with their worshippers. He's trying to bring about a desperate event horizon to force the hands of both Kith and the Gods.

You're right, it does seem like he's playing roulette with the universe itself.

You're right, it does seem like he's playing roulette with the universe itself.
Is it really that dramatic? I mean the gods exist merely since 2000 years and everything has somehow worked out before them. So apparently this universe doesn't need gods.

Btw. congrats on your gravedigging - it's beeb nearly a year. ;)

lol, well I'm new here, was just looking for things I could actually respond to.

But yes, it is that dramatic. Eothas himself admits that life will eventually die out if something to replace the wheel isn't found soon enough. It's kind of his forced ultimatum to both Gods and Kith alike.

I think what really turned him off the whole arrangement was Gods frequently absorbing souls and preventing their returns through the wheel just to enhance their own power. Woedica's hollowborn crisis being the latest turn. And yes, that does make Eothas a hypocrite when he himself does it, albeit convinced it's for the greater good.

You can take it further and even convince Eothas to bring about an instant apocalypse by not just destroying the wheel, but all life within a matter of days or weeks then and there. Which is what Rymrgand has been hoping for ever since Eothas rose in the adra statue.

@Beren I appreciate all that. Now I understand it, I still don't like it, but it makes sense since Eothas is the God of new beginnings.

Back
Top Bottom