Mass Effect 2 - Overlord DLC Released

Dhruin

SasqWatch
BioWare has released the Overlord DLC for ME2 for 560 point thingies. Here's the blurb as a reminder:
When sent to investigate a Cerberus research base that's mysteriously gone silent, Shepard arrives to find Geth overrunning the base. The sole survivor, Chief Scientist Archer, paints a dire picture: an experiment to fuse a human volunteer with a virtual intelligence created a dangerous hybrid "VI overlord". The rampaging VI has already attacked three other Cerberus bases, controlling any technology it finds in an attempt to break free–and unleashing Geth across the planet. Unless Shepard can infiltrate the VI's fortress and shut it down, this homicidal intelligence will beam itself-off planet and wreak havoc on other systems. The action unfolds over five new level areas, with two new achievements.
They've also released a story summary trailer titled The Story So Far, which recaps events across the two main games, narrated by Martin Sheen (via Eurogamer).
More information.

*YAAAAAAWN*

On the side not, BioWare is getting good at this.. creating generic scenarios and making them sound (almost) epic. Probably how their revolutionary new storyline and character "re-thinking/re-telling" (whatever) in Dragon Age worked (which means, it didn't work and was the same Tolkienisc fantasy with same creatures but with fuckload of blood thrown on the faces of every character during dialogue).

Yeah, I remember all those elven slaves in The Lord of the Rings. And locking away anyone that showed magical skills is straight out of The Hobbit. {groan}

As for the DLC, I will likely pass on it. Most DLC is simply too short for my tastes, especially at that price. Maybe a DLC bundle sometime next year...

Just finished it and it's surprisingly well done. Took about 4 hours and compared to many full price games i really see no reason to complain about the price.

Yeah, I remember all those elven slaves in The Lord of the Rings. And locking away anyone that showed magical skills is straight out of The Hobbit. {groan}

If adding two three new twists/elements in a setting is all it takes to convince you that the setting is ORIGINAL then you are the perfect generation these companies PR department is aiming their games at.

I just completed it as well. The ending was one of the more disturbing things I've seen in a computer game.

Well made for a DLC though.

Back
Top Bottom