Mass Effect 2 - Overlord Review @ IGN

Dhruin

SasqWatch
There's an enthusiastic review of Mass Effect 2: Overlord over at IGN, with a score of 9/10:
From the opening moments, it's easy to see that Overlord has the same high production values as Mass Effect 2 -- no shortcuts were taken. In fact, much of the visual and audio work exceeds what you get in many of the Mass Effect 2 side quests. Overlord has some beautiful vistas and environments to explore and plenty of variety. The audio is haunting.

The best part of Overlord is how fantastic the gameplay is. There's a fair bit of combat and a few snippets of that award-winning dialogue, but it's the new features that steal the show. A vehicle called the Hammerhead is here -- taking the place of the Mako, and trumping it in every way. There are also a few puzzles to solve and BioWare even manages to squeeze in a bit of light platforming. The climax at the end, which I won't spoil here, will have you in a tizzy.
More information.

<Looks at this review score>

<Looks at the article down just a bit about BioWare and IGN working together to write a short story>

Ummmm....

This DLC has been pretty well recieved at most places.

There's no good reason to think there's anything dodgy going on here.

I've played through it. As far as DLCs go, it really is quite good. The ending is a bit disturbing though, but worth playing through at least once (if you like ME2 that is).

However, beyond the actual story of the questline, there is no reason to actually do it - no significant rewards or anything like that. It would've had higher replay value if the player got something useful at the end of it.

These are the same sites which gave Alpha Protocol lowest possible score while calling Mass Effect and Dragon Age masterpiece's.

Anyways, after trying out a lot of DLC's from BioWare, I sure as hell am now going to rush out and grab this generic sounding addon (oh noes, evil AI, but WAIT.. there is A TWIST!).

The twist is..
It's actually not an AI, it's a person with autism (similar to rain man, only far beyond him).

Haha, the posts are emailed (if you are subscribed to the posts) and I got the spoiler in the email.

I read it anyway and meh..

This is the best DLC I played from Bioware and one of the best DLC's I ever played.
It's a four episode adventure that together is an uncommonly long experience for a DLC (about 2 hours). This is not just another planet assignment, this is well designed through and through. The levels are well designed with cool and unique features, some so new that you wouldn't be able to see them coming. Do not expect rehashed contet here. The atmosphere is superb and the story actually gave me wet eyes when the truth was finally revealed. At $7 I say this is worth both your money and your time.

Back
Top Bottom