King's Bounty - Retrospective of the Original

woges

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor
John Walker writes a loving retrospective on the original King's Bounty on the Mega Drive.
So I went in blind, beyond the peculiar future-vision of knowing how the remake plays, 20 years later.
You pick one of four classes – Barbarian, Knight, Sorceress or Paladin – and are then immediately commissioned by the King to find the lost Sceptre of Order. To do this you must wander the four continents, taking over castles from various scum and villainy, in order to acquire puzzle pieces to form a map of the sceptre's location.
As you wander (read: slide sideways on a horse across a top-down map, or sail a capsized boat) you encounter gangs of enemies, at which point you enter the game's turn-based combat.
More information.

Last edited:
Very cool retrospective. I had King's Bounty on the Sega Genesis (Mega Drive) when I was a kid. It was one of the first TB strategy games I ever played, and I played the heck out of it.

John Walker wrote the retrospective, not Alec.

They're all just one cyborg and you know it.

Sorry I was in a rush and had to go and do more important things but I shall correct for you now.

I used to play the original quite a lot back in the days. I recall the final fight being very hard - a whole lot harder than any other fight in the game, to the point where you might just be stuck due to it.

Back
Top Bottom