Mount&Blade - With Fire and Sword Announced

Dhruin

SasqWatch
You might remember our reader Dagon wrote in last September to say CD Projekt had let slip a spin-off of Mount & Blade called With Fire and Sword. Now PC Gamer has news With Fire and Sword has been officially unveiled at a Paradox Interactive press conference:
In possibly the most exciting news of the conference so far, Paradox Interactive have announced that their new expansion for Mount and Blade – ‘With Fire and Sword’ – will be set in 1653 and feature muskets, plus an actual storyline to follow in singleplayer.
Head over for a trailer.
More information.

Imagine for a moment a game that combined:
>the storytelling and characters of the Witcher
>the combat of Mount & Blade
>the sandbox world dynamics of Gothic 3
>the stealth mechanics of Thief
>salt & vinegar potato chips

That is all.

I'm interested. Apart from strategy games, it's not like there are many games set in this time period.

Hey dudes,
Just a heads up!
The game was released in Poland over a year ago.
And it was buggy piece of shit.
I didn't play the newest version, called "With Fire And Sword: Wild Plains", which is updated to Warband engine, but I heard that it is much better, hopefully it is this version that is released to wider market.

EDIT:
Polish cover art to old:
4132366.jpg

And the new version
1291588912_ogniem-i-mieczem-dzikie_17044.jpg

@pic above: …Ah, those days of yore. Nothing brings out your manhood as much as when wearing a big, dead cat on your shoulder.

I love M&B. The upgraded graphics look pretty okay from the glimpses the movie gives us and I like the fact there's an actual story to play. (Or rather three as I understand). Will be interesting to see the new 'real' historic setting, though I'm not always a fan of that. (They should remake Darklands with this engine. It provided a nice mix between reality and fantasy).

Taleworlds have no special forum for the new game so i can not bitch "fix mounted combat or i ain't buying" :(

What the flying fuck? Care to list any games that have done mounted combat even close to M&B, let alone better?

I recently delved into Calradia and its struggles, and I must say I'm enjoying every minute of it. Great game!

Here's hoping this one will be even better! :)

Imagine for a moment a game that combined:
>the storytelling and characters of the Witcher
>the combat of Mount & Blade
>the sandbox world dynamics of Gothic 3
>the stealth mechanics of Thief
>salt & vinegar potato chips

That is all.

Swap chips for pistachios & I`m in.

M&B is on my must have list, a breath of fresh air & indie dream come true. Ok, they might`ve gotten some bug bites in Warband, but hopefully it`s being ironed out.

This is pretty much a dream coming through for me. I've been longing for an "Elite with swords" sandbox game in a thirty years war setting for years. M&B gave me hope that it could be done.

Back
Top Bottom