Mass Effect 2 - Arrival Screenshot

How profitable can that DLC be? I mean ME2 is over a year old. Not that I don't appreciate supporting games for a longer time than usual, but really? I just don't get it.

If remembering correctly, from what I've heard, dlc generally gets kicked out fast - short development time. So its easy enough to make a profit.

I wouldn't believe there being a high percentage buying dlc for this game especially after a year. If there's say a 50% finishing rate, then should diminish quite a lot from there even for the 1st dlc. Still, its probably enough to make a profit.

This might (or might not) be important, it will supposedly connect ME2 to ME3 in terms of plot. So I've heard.

Von Paulus is probably right. It was said that this DLC will connect ME2 with ME3. So I think that it will acutally sell very well. I will buy it for sure. Got free 1600 BW points with Dragon Age 2, so I will have to spent them anyway:p

but will there be romance?

but will there be romance?
Eheh. With Bioware there's always romance.
I'm curious how things will evolve with my Sheppard. In ME, I had an affair with Liara. In ME2 , due to Liara's absence and because a man got to do what a man got to do, Miranda was the choice. I hope that in the third I'll fulfil my dream of having the two in the same bed. :)

Looking forward to this, I don't see why it being a year after release should mean much. How long after Morrowind did we get Bloodmoon? I'm sure some people will rush to tell me expansions and DLC are different, but the point is that interest in playing more Morrowind was there.

Anyway, the real DLC for Mass Effect 2, by which I mean longer story-driven missions, was all excellent. I look forward to this very much.

EA knows how to milk that cow !!!

People sure like buying that cow's milk ;)

They wouldn't bother if people didn't think it was worth playing, but ME2 was good, and some DLC for it is also apparently good. I'm very tempted by Lair of the Shadow Broker for example.

Lair of the shadow broker came to late for me, its installed and going to enjoy it on my second play through.

As DLC and ME2 goes, I found the one with the rouge Ai to be very entertaining and fitting in the main campaign. It was worth my money and time spent.

I think DLC in some instances can be good, esp. if it merges with the campaign like shadow broker or overlord. But separate set pieces like Witch hunt "shudders" is pointless for me.

C

edit: the effect of DLC on my future purchases is that I will never again be on the fence waiting for day one releases. Ultimate Editions six months later, here I come!

Last edited:
I think DLC in some instances can be good, esp. if it merges with the campaign like shadow broker or overlord. But separate set pieces like Witch hunt "shudders" is pointless for me.

Witch Hunt was just bad content, DLC or not. Like anything there is good DLC and bad DLC and Witch Hunt was bad.

Back
Top Bottom