Starfarer - Full Steam Ahead

Dhruin

SasqWatch
The lead developer behind Starfarer has announced he will quit work to focus full-time on the indie game:
No, the post title is not a pun about us getting on Steam.
Rather, I’m very excited to announce that I’ll be working on Starfarer full-time from now on.
Last week was the last at my full-time job. For a few weeks before, I’d agonized over the decision to quit. On the one hand, the security of a regular paycheck and working for a great company. On the other, a small glimpse of a possible future for Starfarer afforded by the absolutely incredible reception of the alpha release.
More information.

I'm still trying to decide whether he is courageous or just plain insane.
What a leap in the dark...

I hope that everything will turn out well for him and in the end, that i get a very nice new game to play which follows the fantastic implications i saw in the alpha version of the game.

I'd call it courage, and I wish him every success.

I think it depends on where he worked. If he was working full-time at Walmart, then he's not too crazy. If he had a government job, then he's nuts :D

I pre-ordered pretty much based on that story alone, but the game also looks really interesting. It's actually a pretty good deal $10 (50% off the final price) and you actually get to download the alpha now and all future updates.

I wish him luck also. After working for a company where I knew my status would not be much greater than it was, I left. I bought a struggling company and it was hard to leave all those benefits. People telling me I'm crazy, bad economy,so many businesses fail in x numbers of years,etc. After twenty-five years I'm still here. People should follow their dreams,especially when their hearts aren't in their current situation

Thank you for your support and well-wishes!

Whether I'm crazy or not, only time will tell :)

Happy to answer any questions about Starfarer, btw.

Good luck ! :)

Back
Top Bottom