Legend of Grimrock - Interview @ RPG France

Dhruin

SasqWatch
RPG France let us know they have an interview with Almost Human about Legend of Grimrock (scroll down for English). The conversation covers the basics, including that Grimrock will be sticking to dungeon crawling fundamentals and not covering moral choices and the like:
4) Will the player be able to make choices and will they have consequences?

Most of the player choices are strategic and connected to the character selection and development - which skills to pick at level up and what kind of overall party build are you aiming for. Will your party be magic or melee oriented, for example. However, there are no big moral choices for the player to make in the story.
More information.

+1 Demand that they do indeed wind up going forward with a nicely done SDK post-release and patching for people to whip things up in. Certainly a larger blip on my radar now after this little interview.

Problem fixing with GOOD puzzles is the key. As much as I loved the early Might and Magics some of those puzzles did not seem built into the game setting but only placed in the game just to have a puzzle.

Still, I'm also interested in that Poker RPG game (Runequest?), so even if Grimrock is an RPG with a "ton" on nonsensical puzzles. I would still be in just for curiousty sake.

Yes, good/fun puzzles are very important. At times, Bioshock and Fallout3 have a Dungeon Master feel but their worlds are nowhere near as interactive or puzzle-ish. Instead they deliver more combat and eye candy.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom