Underworld Gold - New Trailer

Looking good.
Maybe he can get his artists to implement a second animation frame for each monster, while he fixes up the rest of the game.

I'll second that though about it looking good.

I'm curious about the little details he's talked about like crafting.

Maybe a bloodsplat when the chracters got hit would help too. It's a bit more satisfying when you hear than nice squishy sound knowing you hit them and then see it on the screen.

Thanks for the newsbit!

Two framed animations would probably not look much better. Actually it would probably turn out bad. Good animations in 2D are simply out of budget for now.

Skav, there's a misunderstanding about the crafting, which I mentionned would be in the sequel :)

Looking very nice!

Something I noticed was the lack of a hp number (current/max) in place of health bars. Hopefully there is a toggle option for that somewhere.

Hmmm there's easy access to character stat screens and party overview, but no toggle at that specific spot...

Thanks for the newsbit!

Two framed animations would probably not look much better. Actually it would probably turn out bad. Good animations in 2D are simply out of budget for now.

I didn´t mean two animation frames for the idle "loop". But say: one frame for normal display, and a second one when the monster attacks.
Also you could "simulate" animation with all kinds of effects. Shaking the image when it gets hit (+ blood splats), maybe even flipping the image (or make it slightly larger), when it attacks?
Or stuff like image transformations for various spell effects (wobbling, fading to white/black) and so on.
But i guess this would be mostly a programmers thing to do, so that probably isn´t an option, when you have so much todo still.

I see what you mean. Currently though the image illustrates the first in line, not the monster carrying out an action or taking a hit.

An MMIII type engine could do that, with monsters drawn in the main window (limited to a few) but here switching monster images that way and adding these effects would either cause epilepsy for most players or severely slow down combat.

In short I didn't aim to emulate MMIII, but MMII, which was less advanced but a personal favorite. Of course I realize it can't be the same for everyone but it is a choice I made early on.

LoL, sorry about that Charles. I was thinking about the 2nd one. :)

Sorry I missed the last three! Thanks Santos, Rat & Caidh.

For those that would like to follow I (finally) made a quick update - a nice feature list, either done or close enough to be safely announced, and some eye candy! I'm turning into a gw! :)

www.classicgamesremade.com/news

For those that are into RSS igoogle is a great way to follow dev blogs & it's a great feeling to see subscriber count increase ;)

Back
Top Bottom