S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - "Frozen", MMOFPS Instead

Dhruin

SasqWatch
I'm not sure why we had to jump through these hoops to get to the truth but it appears S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 (and GSC Gameworld) is indeed dead and former staffers have gone on to found Vostok Games and are working on a MMOFPS.
This starts with the following tweet:
Despite no official continuation of Stalker 2. it looks like the ideas and spirit will live on in the team's new game - Survarium.
The home page for Vostok Games says:
Our company appeared in March 2012 in Kiev. Ten years earlier, when at GSC Game World we started developing the renowned S.T.A.L.K.E.R. game series and continued working on it until December 2011 when the studio was unexpectedly shut down and the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 project - frozen," it reads.
"We did not reach agreement with the rights owner regarding the use of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. brand, that's why we made the decision to move forward as an independent studio with a new project. That day became our starting point for Vostok Games.
More information.

There still no comments from Grigorovich and "frozen" is very different from "dead". There rumors that Grigorovich go underground with his money, because of police pressure.

In my opinion, any legitimate project would publicly comment in light of the ongoing media speculation. Clearly a fair part of the team has moved on and the studio "shut down" for at least 4-5 months. It's as good as dead, semantics aside.

In my opinion, any legitimate project would publicly comment in light of the ongoing media speculation. Clearly a fair part of the team has moved on and the studio "shut down" for at least 4-5 months. It's as good as dead, semantics aside.

There some mess right now in the country and some people prefer to keep silent,at least up to time, when they make truce with authorities. About company, there no big problem that they gone, Grigorovich is what make this company alive, I don't think that they capable of something alone, but we will see. Also Grigorovich is no poor indie soul, he is in top 200 richest man pool: have 32mln$ and Ferrari F430 Spider sportcar. And there a lot of outsourcing company's in Kiev.

I really liked the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games. But my aging PC couldn't play them as well as I'd like. Maybe after an upgrade...

I'd like to see more from their creators. Hope it works out.

I don't see any problem with that, at least new game should fit and not be like fallout 3 alienware to original one and two.

That is probably a false rumor.

That said I would not find that possibility as horrifying as other Options ;)

Bethesda understands open world and sandbox and can do atmosphere after all it seems as Skyrim showed us. (Could they actually understand Stalker? weell…)

But yeah, I'd rather they bought the licence and hired the original team. That
would have made me happy… I could then wish for the eclipse of famine everywhere and world peace next… :)

It's a rumor and was proven false.

"Official S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Sergiy has not sold the IP rights to anyone," as GSC made clear on their official FB page.

Back
Top Bottom