Grim Dawn - Update #12

Dhruin

SasqWatch
There's another Grim Dawn Kickstarter update with Arthur Bruno posting about some new reward tiers but also about the open world design and "dynamic barriers":
I've seen a few questions recently about dynamic barriers, how they effect progression through levels and how open is the open world.

I decided the best thing to do was to take an areal screenshot from the editor and create a little diagram to help explain what it's like.

**SPOILER ALERT** sort of... I don't really think this is a spoiler, you're going to experience it all in the first 10mins of the game anyway and it will look totally different when you're playing. However, if you're super sensitive about spoilers, this map is an overview of the first area outside of town showing all of the potential paths through it, the dynamic barriers groups and the location of breakable doors / walls. If you don't want to know anything about this, don't read any further and don't click on the link.
wink2.gif

So, essentially, this map shows all the routes you can take as you exit town and wind your way through the first area, currently named "Lower Crossing". There are three different locations you can progress into and there are multiple different paths you can take to each. Some of the paths will be cut off by dynamic obstacles in different places during different play-throughs. However, there is always a way to circumnavigate the obstacles and get to wherever you want to go via a different route. Level Path Map
More information.

Back
Top Bottom