Underrail - Alpha Demo Released

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Stygian Software announces the release of an Alpha Demo for their indie RPG, Underrail. The file runs to 577Mb and here's a reminder on the game:
Underrail is an old school turn-based isometric indie role playing game that focuses on exploration and combat. It's inspired by western RPG classics such as Fallout, Arcanum, Neverwinter Nights and System Shock 2.
This demo showcases a number of starting areas of the game. It should provide for a couple of hours of gameplay.
More information.

Oooh, a demo for Timelapse Vertigo (the old name was waay cooler, in my not-so-humble opinion)!

Gave it a quick spin and it is quite promising indeed. :)

Does anyone know how to recover psi points in this?

"Underrail" always means to me "under the rail tracks".

I don't understand why they felt the need to change the title. Anyways…downloading now.

Timelapse Vertigo sounds like there might have been a time travel theme to it that he ended up dropping. That's just an uneducated guess though.

Both titles suck, I have to say. But based on screenshots - it looks like something I'd enjoy.

Timelapse Vertigo sounds like there might have been a time travel theme to it that he ended up dropping. That's just an uneducated guess though.

Now everytime I see thi new title I expect it to have an railway theme attached to it … And with that I mean travelling by rail like in The Orient Express …

But, okay, this new title kind of fits into their story.

A British, London based company would probably have called it "Undertube" or so ? ;)

Now everytime I see thi new title I expect it to have an railway theme attached to it … And with that I mean travelling by rail like in The Orient Express …

But, okay, this new title kind of fits into their story.

A British, London based company would probably have called it "Undertube" or so ? ;)

I'd say "Youndertube", to keep it modern.

This is perfectly timed for me, but I hope indie devs one day realize that the best way to distribute free content like demos is via torrent!
----
Great, I click New Game and it crashes. WTF?

Last edited:
@screeg run as admin.this game's achille's foot is .net framework. It required two installs for me.

He should've used Game Maker :)

I think i completed the demo. Absolutely loved it.

I've played a bit of the demo, and it's a lot better than I expected. Fans of Fallout 1-2 are going to love this game.

Combat is tough, and I've reached a point where I can't progress because I can't defeat any remaining enemies.

How do you heal yourself other than going to see the doctor? I have bandages and some kind of health booster in my inventory, but I can't figure out how to use either one. The mouse pointer changes to a crosshair when I right-click on those items, but nothing happens when I target my character. Same thing with mushrooms.

Also, how do I attempt to pick locks?

I've played a bit of the demo, and it's a lot better than I expected. Fans of Fallout 1-2 are going to love this game.

Combat is tough, and I've reached a point where I can't progress because I can't defeat any remaining enemies.

How do you heal yourself other than going to see the doctor? I have bandages and some kind of health booster in my inventory, but I can't figure out how to use either one. The mouse pointer changes to a crosshair when I right-click on those items, but nothing happens when I target my character. Same thing with mushrooms.

Also, how do I attempt to pick locks?

Hi. I'm glad you liking the demo. :)

You can heal yourself with health hypos (right-click) or bandages if you are above 40% (or have the 'doctor' feat) and out of combat.

You pick locks by right clicking on a lockpick (or you can drag it to your action bar and left click it there) and then left clicking on the door.

I completed demo(small firearms/psychic combination) and I liked it a lot.Combat fun and challenging I died several times in around 2 hours that I need to complete it.I am definitively going to try another playthrough with different skill set.

and some minor complaints:
-on narrow corridors and small rooms wall can obscure vision making aiming and looting hunt for few pixels that are above wall level and once it even made my looting impossible.
-when out of combat movement speed should be faster atm it's bit annoyingly slow.

Back
Top Bottom