Mars - New Screens

Dhruin

SasqWatch
If you recall Mars: War Logs from Spiders (Of Orcs and Men), the official site has some new screens.
Roy continues to make his way through Mars' wastelands. In these 5 new screenshots, we invite you to follow him along his journey through the cyberpunk universe of Mars War Logs, the new RPG from Spiders.
This leg of his trip leads him to Shadowlair. The capital city of Aurora (the fledgling water company that emerged quite quickly thanks to its near-endless supply of Technomants) is not as welcoming as it had been in the past. Roy's former home is now a hostile land, fallen under the control of these mysterious Technomants.
Hunted, Roy will have to fight once again. He can count on the help of various companions, Innocence being one of them. Innocence is the young prisoner of war that helped him escape the Abundance work camp and will be Roy's first follower. He'll meet many more interesting people during his quest and some of them might even embrace his cause...that is, if he manages to persuade them!
Mars War Logs plunges you into a thrilling cyberpunk RPG on the Red Planet. You will develop Roy and his combat style by choosing from dozens of skills and perks. Pick from pure combat, stealth and trickery, or fierce Technomancer powers. The choice is yours! The real-time combat system requires both reflexes and tactics while you battle fearsome opponents and Mars' most terrifying creatures in dynamic combat. The crafting system lets you create and modify equipment to maintain an edge over your enemies. Dialogue choices as well as your actions will influence the destiny of everyone Roy crosses paths with...and perhaps the fate of all the colonies on Mars.
Mars War Logs will be released in Spring 2013 on Xbox Live, PlayStation Network and PC.
More information.

Really looking forward to this one. One thing that I am worried about is that they said in an interview that this is the first episode of a longer story which should take around 15 hours to complete, but has a strong replay value. There might be some world changing decisions but the 15 hours is a worry.

depends how u play it. its probably 25 the first run, but after that it goes to 15. Just like of orcs and men. Hope they'll surpass themselves . Till now they've got the best feel for story progression and replayability.

More Cyberpunk games!

Will keep an eye on it.

Screens look good. I had to manually go to youtube and find their video promos since what they have on their website won't play properly, which is annoying, but they looked good too. Supposed to be out soon and this is the first I've heard of it, not good. 15 hours of game play, also not good. I have a steam account and a closet shelf full of games I could easily milk another 100 hours out of, and some of those are games I genuinely enjoy. 15 hours is hardly enough for me to even know whether or not I like a game.

Hmm.. those screenshots look "touched up" if you know what I mean. The game sounds interesting enough to keep an eye on though.

One thing that I am worried about is that they said in an interview that this is the first episode of a longer story which should take around 15 hours to complete

I also noticed that it's only being released as a digital download for PS3 and Xbox 360. That's often an indicator of a shorter game as well.

those so-called screen shots look great . . . .

15 hours of game play sounds about right with these guys. "Of Orcs and Men" was short and so was Faery: Legend of Avalon. The Orcs game was okay but I loved the Faery game.

Ultimately, Today, they just don't make enough sci-fi games let alone sci-fi RPGs, so I'm really looking forward to this game.

I think I'll wait until all the games are released and buy the 'Gold' or 'Chronicles' or 'Complete' edition

Th art style is excellent and most importantly unique! They have their own style and flair as ashown in Faery, and this seems inspired by Dune, a great idea there. If only more developers would choose a somewhat original art direction, instead of copy pasted generic banta fodder.

I'm willing to give them a chance. Of Orcs and Men was a surprise hit for me. It was short and alluded to a sequel also.

Back
Top Bottom