RPGWatch Feature - A New Look at Swords & Sorcery: Underworld

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Back in 2010 Corwin reviewed Swords and Sorcery: Underworld, Today he takes a look at the updated Gold release of Sword and Sorcery: Underworld to see what the differences are with the original.
There have been improvements to game balance also. Experience is harder to come by as quest and battle rewards have been reduced. No longer can you expect to raise your level to 30, you’ll be hard pressed to get near 20. Fights are also more challenging and strategic. New strategy options have been added for each character type, which I found made battles much more enjoyable. You can even have the computer play out a fight for you - but except for obvious easy ones - I wouldn’t recommend using this feature.
More information.

I bought this a little while back and still haven't played it, I will do at some point though!

Daniel.

The improvements to the gold version of this game are awesome, fun game. For anyone that liked the old might & magics and bard's tale games should pick this one up...its like those with modern improvements.

As much as I rail about gameplay over graphics, this overhaul really did make it feel like a brand new game to me. But Charles did a bunch of gameplay modifications to it, too, so the changes are much more than skin deep.

I really enjoyed it.

Back
Top Bottom