Shadow of the Eternals - Gameplay Video

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
I think "only" 10% in 5 days maybe a bit negative. Sure it didn't fund in one day like some others but this is a "flexible" crowdfunded game which means it doesn't matter if they reach their goal of $1.5MM or not as they get to keep the money. They indicate they will refund if they really dont think it will happen.

It looks like they are really just running it themselves which confuses me. Why bother having a date other than to generate a random end date. I'm sure like most companies on kickstarter they'll let people sneak in for months after the final date. I suppose its better than a preorder in that the users get to pay what they want and get a lot more information about where the money is going. I prefer the kickstarter model that requires you to reach your goal before getting money as it has a thirdparty enforcing some rules not that kickstarter really has many especially if there is no delivery.

I'm also not crazy about episodic content. Is it an RPG on rails or just a straight Action/Adventure game? I've never really seen a game other than Sam&Max that did episodes successfully and I just picked those up in one go after the fact. Most of the lower tier preorders only get the first 5 or 6 episodes though there are 12 or so from what I can tell. You have to pay $50 to get the full content which seems more than what most other games have offered for the money.

Having said that the game doesn't look necessarily bad at this point but I'd like some more info on the actual gameplay before I donate.

Who lit the torches and candles in abandoned passageway?

Who lit the torches and candles in abandoned passageway?

Probably the same guy who lit the torches in Skyrim's abandoned places.

Back
Top Bottom