Might & Magic X - Video and Images

This is just my opinion, but right now they could release a 10 hour long story with only a few dungeons and a buggy engine and I'd hump this like a dog

This is just my opinion, but right now they could release a 10 hour long story with only a few dungeons and a buggy engine and I'd hump this like a dog

You are a pervert mister !
But then again I too like doggy style...
Seems a fine game to me, hope it will not be burned to ground.

Wow. I'm impressed. The game looks really good. Is it only coming out on PC or will there be console versions?

Damn. I'll have to get my dad to buy a gaming PC. He would love this game.

I can't say I appreciate the grid movement, but I do like everything else. I hope it is a huge sucess, and that they make a sequel with free movement. And paper dolls, gotta have those…

Might & Magic X: Hands On Codex-preview by Mr. Zed:

There's a lot of combat in Might & Magic X. It is definitely the primary pasttime of your adventuring party. It's mostly fun as well. I'm saying mostly because sometimes it feels like there aren't really enough stuff to do in between encounters. It feels especially trite when you're in a bandit's lair for instance, and every encounter is some sort of bandit. When an encounter does provide a higher challenge, it usually comes in the form of an elite version of a mob you have already battled many times in that same dungeon. I would love to see a little more variation in the encounters. Like, couldn't the bandits have hounds or something? Maybe they've captured some wild beast?

But more worrying, I found the preview to be lacking in the puzzle department. A charming thing about these sort of games was that they often provided some really good logical challenges in-between combat and exploration, and I'm afraid I didn't see much of that at all. I can only hope the other acts provide more varied challenges, puzzles and more surprises as incentives to continue playing. Riddles, movement puzzles, word puzzles - anything like that would be very welcome additions.​

Shame if it's true about the puzzles. I always liked the riddles you were given in mm3-5. Or those idols that took the quatloo coins. It made each dungeon unique because they weren't all monster generators but rather a theme park full of weird junk.

I'm sure the final version will have more puzzles.

I imagine the white outline will be used to show which monster is currently targeted?

Looks nice but I really dislike the white outline around monsters, npcs and objects. I hope they remove that.

agreed ..that second gameplay video totally sold me tho, downloading it as we speak!

Puzzles:

Black:
A man is wearing black. Black shoes, socks, trousers, jumper, gloves and balaclava. He is walking down a black street with all the street lamps off. A black car is coming towards him with its light off too but somehow manages to stop in time. How did the driver see the man?

It was daytime.

Heaven:
A man died and went to Heaven. There were thousands of other people there. They were all naked and all looked as they did at the age of 21. He looked around to see if there was anyone he recognized. He saw a couple and he knew immediately that they were Adam and Eve. How did he know?

He recognized Adam and Eve as the only people without navels because they were not born of women, they had never had umbilical cords and therefore they never had navels. This one seems perfectly logical but it can sometimes spark fierce theological arguments.

Race:
You are participating in a race (Start <> Finish). …If you overtake the last then
you arrive…?

If you answer that you arrived second last then you are wrong again.
Tell me, how can you overtake the LAST !!!!

Last edited:
Grid-based movement will be hard to get used to again, been 20 years since I played M&M 5 (and I haven't tried Legend of Grimrock because of the RT combat and puzzle focus). It's the only thing about this game that bugs me. Going with the grid probably helped them trim tons of dollars off their art/programming budget, though.

I'm sure the final version will have more puzzles.
Yeah the seems to be the dark point of the game and I don't see such gameplay working without a good focus on this, with secrets, traps, tricks.

Puzzles:
Ouch, none are puzzles, all are riddles. The problem of riddles is to be too much only text based and it can be a block for people without an excellent knowledge of the language.... And if you disagree it's typically because of a language problem I read those words riddle and puzzle as their closer equivalent in my own language.

I learned more of the English language by playing English CRPGs, watching English movies and reading English books than by studying it in school :)

(Type a sentence here and there at a certain website called RPGWatch helps, too)

I learned more of the English language by playing English CRPGs, watching English movies and reading English books than by studying it in school :)

(Type a sentence here and there at a certain website called RPGWatch helps, too)

Yeah but it requires some base skills and appetite, not all players have it and end like you did. Ok I'm not that much against riddles and enjoyed the black one. There's also some in Legend of Grimrock generally building hints for finding stuff or for some stuff more puzzle like, and all in all I survived and enjoyed but one which I still think was badly written and one I get stuck because of words misunderstanding (believed know a word but didn't). Also one (or two) was too enigmatic for me and I don't think the language was the real problem.

Fool's Errand, amazing game but too many stuff around language and I gave up. I mean that riddles and languages based "puzzles" need be used with moderation in a general game like a RPG.

Back
Top Bottom