Shroud of the Avatar - Update of the Avatar #2

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Shroud of the Avatar has a new update for once doesn't include housing.Now joking aside the update covers the Sigil of Magic, Collector’s Coin, Crafting Stations, and Unity Scene Jam Winner.

Unity Scene Jam #1 Winner

Our first Unity Scene Jam was a great success! This scene challenge involved a design that included a “Lunar Rift” and the ruins around it. We asked for the Lunar Rift to be one up on a plateau or at least on top of a very steep hill (see challenge design description here). We received a total of 48 submissions, with some awesome talent participating!

It was tough to choose the winner from among the top entries, but after much deliberation, Richard, Starr, and Chris unanimously chose Richard Matey as the First Place winner of our first Shroud of the Avatar Unity Scene Jam! Chris Spears prepared this video walking you through Richard Matey’s sweet looking scene. So crank the quality up to HD, switch to full-screen, and enjoy!
Next they talk about the sigil of magic with various screenshots on the website.

The Sigil of Magic

There are nine schools of magic in Shroud of the Avatar: the eight elemental schools of Fire, Air, Water, Earth, Sun, Moon, Life, and Death with the ninth school of Chaos in the center of them all. Each school has a focus. Fire magic, for example, directly damages your enemies but also has a tendency to light them on fire, prolonging the damage dealt. Water magic on the other hand is about slowing your opponents with ice and healing your allies with soothing rains. The sigil represents how all the schools relate to each other and it will appear inked on parchment, carved into stone, sewn into cloth and minted into metal coins.
Then we get a glimpse into crafting with more screenshots on the website also.

Cooking Up Some Crafting Tables

Just as with all Lord British games, crafting plays a big part in Shroud of the Avatar. As described in our recently updated FAQ:

Players will be able to make almost anything in the game including furniture, consumables, and equipment. The results of all crafting elements have value as consumables and components in the combat system, as well as maintenance and upgrade elements for housing and cities.

Also explained in the FAQ, you can allow your friends to enter your property and use your crafting stations. And you can have NPC vendors stationed on your property to sell the goods you craft to other players.

Scott Jones (environmental artist; known as Scottie in the forums) has a great thread in the Dev+ forums (and reposted in the Founder Developer Blog) discussing his ongoing work with the crafting stations.
And for last they have a new FAQ to answer various questions that people have asked.

New and Improved FAQ

Starr Long (Executive Producer) recently updated and expanded the SotA FAQ. Many of the questions we receive on the forums and in support tickets have been covered in the revised FAQ, so we highly recommend that you check it out if you haven’t seen it lately. Here are a few juicy morsels to whet your whistle:

More information.

Last edited:
Lol that symbol will piss off tons of Americans. A Chaos Star, a thing "like a Pentagramm of Satan" AND an Illuminati Allseeing Eye! Will it ruin our kids? XD

I recall how pissed many Americans were over the Ultima 8 Pentagramm. Heh.

Lol that symbol will piss off tons of Americans. A Chaos Star, a thing "like a Pentagramm of Satan" AND an Illuminati Allseeing Eye! Will it ruin our kids? XD

I recall how pissed many Americans were over the Ultima 8 Pentagramm. Heh.

I'm American and it doesn't bother me. Then again I'm not very religious.:) I still remember all the D&D religious debate so your right.

Edit: I'm glad for the FAQ as it cleared up allot of the problems I had questions about. I recommend everyone give it a read.

Last edited:
Actually it will only piss off a few highly vocal people that will make it seem like a big deal and in reality 99.9% of the people won't care just like every other so called controversy like this.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that the media will blow what those few people are saying out of proportion just like everything else.

Wish this gave people the ability to run their own custom servers like Star Citizen is going to.

Back
Top Bottom