Shroud of the Avatar - Update of the Avatar

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
It's time for another update for Shroud of the Avatar were Portalarium talks about way to much to list. The major point of the release though is about Early Access.

Greetings Fellow Avatars!

It’s been a super exciting week as backers are finally able to log into Release 1 of the game and explore character creation, home decorating, and NPC conversations! Read more about it in this week’s edition of Update of the Avatar, which includes:

• Release 1 Open to Play until December 14!
  • Britannia Burns – Part 2, the Spoony Roast
  • Blade of the Avatar Novel: Chapter 2
  • Founder Starter Armor
  • The Darkstarr Cloak
  • Sickle of Prosperity
  • Holiday Specials
More information.

This game is so impressive looking that I am tempted to donate and get some early access to the game. I also like what they are doing with the option for single player or co-op friends only. If it were just an MMO, I would be really disappointed because I hate MMOs, and would have to skip it.

When the whole game design is based on a client and a remote server, that should give a hint (or almost a slap in the face) that this is going to be an MMO with offline content loaded when one goes offline.

Instead of focusing on quest design and world/NPC AI like in any decent rpg, they went through the deliberate route of getting content from online servers.

Don't forget single player online mode which, allegedly, will be another possible way of playing this game.
It's all academic anyway. The game will be released, I will have a look at what's there to see and will listen to various opinions. Than, and only than, will I decide if I like this game or not.

When the whole game design is based on a client and a remote server, that should give a hint (or almost a slap in the face) that this is going to be an MMO with offline content loaded when one goes offline.

Instead of focusing on quest design and world/NPC AI like in any decent rpg, they went through the deliberate route of getting content from online servers.

Every thread will have you with misinformation it seems.

Back
Top Bottom