Heroine's Quest - A Free Adventure / RPG

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Heroine's Quest is a free Adventure/RPG that takes inspiration from Hero's Quest. If your interested check out the games website for the free download link.

Heroine's Quest: The Herald of Ragnarok is an adventure / RPG hybrid. Like in many adventure games, you have a world to save, and must use your wit, guile and inventory to puzzle your way through. Like in many roleplaying games, you can customize your character with various classes and skills, and must train yourself in combat to stand a chance against the fierce monsters in your way.

The game is designed in the spirit and atmosphere of the classics, and strives to have the same high quality of art, music, and plot. With multiple character classes and several solutions to many puzzles, the game will have excellent replayability.
Thanks go to HiddenX for the link and video.
smiley-wink.gif

More information.

First few minutes of this is actually quite fun, though it might follow QFG's formula a bit too tightly. Not that I mind at the least so far.

From the trailer it doesn't have much in common with HeroQuest I'd say.
Personally I got nostalgic feelings for Legends of Kyriandia 2 - Hand of Fate instead. ^^
The graphics and also the animations look quite similar, the monsters however look a little more silly, like in Might and Magic 3 or so.
Oh, and nice music!
Not sure if I got time to actually play it though....too....many....games....^^

some will hate me for this, but I think this would be a perfect tablet game.

Looks fun. Loved the QfG games

This looks good. Quest for Glory So you want to be a Hero was one of my first Computer RPG's. I remember playing it on my Dad's new Intel 486.

This definitely brings back memories for me, as the Quest For Glory series(originally Hero's Quest)were some of the first PC games I ever played. And I am sure many female gamers wished for the option to play a female character, which you could not do in the Quest for Glory games(the 5th Quest for Glory game originally was supposed to include the option to play a female character, but unfortunately it was cut due to time/budget constraints.
If Heroine's Quest had come out in the 90's, it would have appealed to me more. But now, it is hard for me to look past the very dated looking graphics. Still, being a fan of the Quest for Glory games, and wondering what they might be like if played by a female character, I may give it a try at some point.

Game looks OK to me. Gameplay is indeed similar to Quest for Glory while the story and the world is different. The only drawback is that I could not make it run in a small window. Playing 320x200 game (almost) fullscreen on my modern monitor makes this game looking ugly. Music could be a bit better/memorizable in my opinion, but I'm not too far in the game so perhaps the best music pieces I haven't heard yet :)

And I am sure many female gamers wished for the option to play a female character, which you could not do in the Quest for Glory games(the 5th Quest for Glory game originally was supposed to include the option to play a female character, but unfortunately it was cut due to time/budget constraints.

I know I sure wanted that. I think that was one of the things that appealed to me most about Heroine's Quest. I finally got to play as a girl. :)

Back
Top Bottom