Subterranea - Developer Diary #1

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Cloud Nine Games has a new Developer Diary post for Subterranea.

This is the first of many Dev Diary entries, where I show some behind the scenes views of Subterranea being made, as well as information on how I’m doing it.

First of all, like most Indie Developers these days, I’m using Unity. Unity is great, I like it a lot. It’s an extremely productive development tool in it’s own right, it’s got a great community and a wealth of questions online that have already been answered, it’s got an amazing Asset Store, that really speeds up development if you’re prepared to spend some money, and best of all, you can build great-looking games (to a point) for free!

One of the best moves I made with Subterranea was switching from my old, clumsy character pipeline, to the Unity Multipurpose Avatar. It’s not plug and play, but once you get your head around it, it is very powerful.
More information.

Thanks Couch for bring this to our attention. It looks like it has the potential to be new way to enjoy my D&D fix. If the environmental interaction between players and enemies works it could put a neat twist in to a game.

I will keep an eye on this as it develops.

Back
Top Bottom