Shroud of the Avatar - New Update of the Avatar

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
It's time for the next weekly update for Shroud of the Avatar.

Greetings Fellow Avatars!

Here’s what we have for you in this week’s edition of Update of the Avatar:

• Blade of the Avatar Novel: Chapter 8
  • Stretch Goals: Lord British vs. Darkstarr
  • Upcoming Duke and LoM Events
  • Star Citizen Vanduul Polearm
  • Royal Founders: Recognizing our Original Backers
  • Ancestor Tombstone
  • Developer Tinkerer Certificate
  • Pets at Founder Tier: Option to get all 3?
  • Knight’s Lighthouse Animation
  • Cubit Measure of Prosperity
  • Website Upgrades: Pledge Page & Campaign Statistics Page
  • Pantheon Kickstarter Special Cross-Game Cloak
  • “Hearts of Britannia” Valentine’s Poetry Competition!
More information.

This entire "game" feels like a never-ending pledge drive.

It's getting really tempting to kill the update emails for this one, in my Kickstarter acct.

This entire "game" feels like a never-ending pledge drive.

It's getting really tempting to kill the update emails for this one, in my Kickstarter acct.

I hear you and feeling the same.

I put a comment on their forum recently about these 'useless' updates, and their project lead, DarkStarr, more or less said that these items keep the funding going and they are just catering for those who pay for these things.

I just can't believe that there are 'idiots' who pay serious money for virtual pets and houses - they seriously need therapy or a wake up call.

There are a lot of people who can't understand adults spending time and money on something as useless as games, and who think we should have our heads examined.

The fact that some people appreciate things you don't, doesn't make them idiots (or 'idiots').

I sometimes spend money on pets, horses, clothes in games. It adds to the feeling of being alive in the game world, which is important to me. Similarly, in my den I have a selection of figurines: dragons, gargoyles, aliens - bought a nice rattlesnake in San Antonio. On my shelf is a bust of Geralt wearing a tie decorated by MRI images of the knee (no pathology). I have a watch running backwards on my wall. Just because I find them funny. Homo ludens. :)

pibbur who can understand that some people find all these things a waste of time and money. And who is not happy with the direction SoA (which is not SOA) is going, atlhough he doesn't regret backing it, since backing is a calculated risk. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose

Last edited:
uh back to the original point, my eyes have glazed over Shroud of the Avatar and all the updates that have nothing to do with the game. Pretty much the same thing with Star Citizen, which has garnered millions of over contributions but little to nothing in return except youtube videos of their hooker and blow parties.

Pibbur, we all know Norweigians has unlimited funds :D so you can buy whatever you want, wherever you want.

GG, who can't understand that some people spend all their money on real shoes, or clothes.

For everybody like me, who doesn't currently know if this will be a SP or MP game, this is from their FAQ:
Will this be an MMO?

Shroud of the Avatar is a new form of multiplayer online role playing game we are calling a Selective Multiplayer Game. This will allow players to choose how they want to play. Play options will include solo offline, solo online, friends only online, or open multiplayer online. For players who play in the default open multiplayer, Shroud of the Avatar will feel very much like a traditional MMO.
Well, the "default open multiplayer" makes me very sceptical about this game.

For everybody like me, who doesn't currently know if this will be a SP or MP game, this is from their FAQ:

Well, the "default open multiplayer" makes me very sceptical about this game.

disclamer: i am a kickstarter participant.

you should be skeptical because the master commander in chief presidential king richard the garriott shot himself into space and came back down to earth a new man with his mind's eye open. what could go wrong?

I just realized that the concept of "Selective Multiplayer" was described in the KS campaign too. So I wondered WHY THE HELL I've backed something like this.
Then I realized that I haven't backed it at all. I'm at peace with this game now.

Pibbur, we all know Norweigians has unlimited funds :D so you can buy whatever you want, wherever you want.

GG, who can't understand that some people spend all their money on real shoes, or clothes.

I don't spend much on clothes, and I have very simple tastes. For trousers my main requirments (in additon to colour - black) is that they have 3 holes, so I can put them on. And I throw them away when they've got twice as many. Similar guidelines for socks and shirts. When it comes to underwear it's a bit more difficult, see the picture below (don't know what it's called in proper English):

juleribbegrisen

The model is not me. I have a beard.

pibbbur who really wanted to post this picture.

I'm pretty sure the overall disposition and facial expression is an exact match, though ;)

I'm pretty sure the overall disposition and facial expression is an exact match, though ;)

You refer to the image I linked to, of course.

pibbur who posted said picture as a link, because this forum is also read by americans and who knows what's safe for work over there. Don't even mention the australians.

You refer to the image I linked to, of course.

pibbur who posted said picture as a link, because this forum is also read by americans and who knows what's safe for work over there. Don't even mention the australians.

Both :)

One appears sleepy and quite blasé about everything - and the other casually looking at a piece of cake, wondering if he has the energy to go grab it, after giving up clothing himself at the underwear stage :)

I'm starting to beleve that you actually know a thing or two about the human psyche.

Back
Top Bottom