Zaharia - Update #7, Not Kicking That Well

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
The Kickstarter pledges for Zaharia are with 14 days to go still nowhere near the goal of 120.000 pounds adn the devs are considering what is next from them.

he Kickstarter campaign didn't go well, despite all the positive feedbacks we received we weren't able to properly spread the word about Zaharia.

What will happen now? We don't know yet, we're currently searching for an alternative solution and, if we find something, we'll let you know through our social pages (Facebook and Twitter). We knew that Kickstarter was a risk, so we're not unprepared for this scenario.

We worked a lot on Zaharia, so we can't simply cancel the project, but we don't want to ruin the project with a cheap development that will only lead to cheap results. It would be horrible to cut most contents to release a soulless, anonymous game, both for you and for us.

We want to thanks all the backers for the support, we loved to share Zaharia with you and we hope you will continue to follow and support us.

More information.

It's unfortunate; this seems like the type of CRPG that should be getting support. I guess, like Deathfire, it just doesn't grab people's interest sufficiently.

I've supported it and if they choose to reboot the project, I'll support it again.

'Tis a shame. I'll back it again.

The project was cancelled seven hours ago. I wish them success in finding other means to get their game funded. I will definitely back it again.

Now excuse me I feel my eyes getting misty. Men don't cry dammit.:bigcry:

*sigh* :(

A pity, the setting is interesting and they appear to have some idea of what they want to achieve. It's ambitious for a small Indie project though, since it's in the same sort of genre as Wasteland 2 & Eternity, at least in respect to the extent and type of assets required to make it into a quality game.

The whole KS thing seems to fail more often than succeed these days. I don't think it'll pick up again until we see a few more completed KS projects that are actually successful (good reviews, feedback etc). For now, people just seem uninterested.

It's difficult to tell cause from effect here. It may be that there are less successful campaigns because the people are tired of KS and thus uninterested. But the cause might as well be that the campaigns aren't as good as before. Or they don't crave that much new RPGs like a year ago, because they currently or in the near future will have nough games.

Back
Top Bottom