Lichdom: Battlemage - Steam Early Access

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Xaviant announces their game is now called Lichdom: Battlemage, and that it will be available on Steam Early Access March 19th. Here are the details on Steam.

Now Available on Steam Early Access - Lichdom: Battlemage

Lichdom: Battlemage is a first-person caster that gives the Mage the spotlight in a way never before seen in games. With limitless magical power at your disposal and brutal enemies around every corner, victory hinges on a combination of skill and strategy. You must carefully craft a vast array of spells and learn to cast them in the heat of combat.

You are your spells! The Lichdom: Battlemage spell crafting system offers an enormous range of customization. Every Mage is the product of of crafted magic that reflects the individual's play style. Whether you prefer to target your foes from a safe distance, wade into combat and unleash your power at point-blank range, or pit your enemies against each other, endless spell customization lets you become the Mage you want to be.
More information.

I forgot to include The Developer Q&A. So here it is for anyone interested.

What the developers say:

“If you love the idea of wielding unlimited magic power with none of the usual mana bars and cool-downs, then join us in Early Access to help perfect Lichdom: Battlemage.

For the latest info about our Early Access program, please join us on the forums: http://steamcommunity.com/app/261760/discussions/0/540736320116622050/

We have ferociously embraced the Early Access philosophy and we are inviting community feedback throughout the final months of development. We plan four major Early Access updates and meaningful changes based on community response. The schedule is:

Pre-Alpha 1 / March 19 / $19.99
Note: All features and assets are in a pre-alpha state and are therefore subject to change through iteration and community feedback. At this stage in development there are a fair number of bugs and balance issues. The code and content are not fully optimized, so minimum system specs are higher than what we expect for the final product.

· The game's core feature set, minus a handful of significant pieces
· 2 Levels of the game
· 8 Enemy types
· 4 of our 8 types of Magic
· 1 Boss battle
· Story content (without voiceover or final animations)

Pre-Alpha 2 / April 28 / $19.99

Alpha / June 9 / $24.99

Beta / July 21 / $29.99

Launch / August 26 / $39.99

Buying in at any stage means that all subsequent releases (including the final version) are included in your purchase.

Join us if you are ready to play hard, but be warned – this game is not for the timid. Unlimited power will not be enough to claim victory. Lightning reflexes and brilliant strategic spell-crafting are required to become a true Battlemage!”
While I'm not a huge fan of Early Access I understand why developers use it.:disappointed:

Last edited:
Hmm, I used to enjoy Heretic/Hexen very much back in the day (I recall playing it while blasting My Dying Bride and Moonspell from the stereo, for hours on end :D ).

One of the few shooters I've actually enjoyed in my life ;) (Along with Realms of the haunting and Clive Barker's Undying)

I wonder if this kind of game still appeals to me enough to dig in at this point… (Also, not made out of time these days and there are boatloads of, hopefully, quality RPGs coming in the near future, hopefully ;) ) 19.99$ seems as much as I would be willing to give for it (Tops)… Or I can wait for a far distant sale…

Hmmm… :-/

Um...
What's the difference between FPS and FPC exactly? I can't see it!

19.99$ seems as much as I would be willing to give for it (Tops)… Or I can wait for a far distant sale…

I think it's a good price, and this is the first Early Access that I'm going to purchase. The release price will apparently be $40 which makes this a deal for anyone who's interested.

Um…
What's the difference between FPS and FPC exactly? I can't see it!

there is no aiming in this game.. just point in general direction

apparently its more about choosing and timing different spells

They've got a video. Mage powah!! Looks like a lot more action than story so early access shouldn't spoil too much.

The more I see of this game it looks more like Dark Messiah of Might and Magic. Not necessarily a bad thing , and I shall keep an eye on this one.o_O

Back
Top Bottom