Zpocalypse - A Rogue-Lite Survival Game

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Have you ever wondered what a simplified Dead State game would look like? Well if you do Greenbrier Games has a new kickstarter called Zpocalypse: Survival.

The developer is asking for $50,000, and has thirty three days left to get funded. Here is the usual teaser trailer, and game description.

Zpocalypse: Survival is a game about exploration and survival in a gritty post-nuclear zombie apocalypse setting. Your job is to help a group of survivors attempt to eke out an existence and build a place for themselves in a brutal world. You will need to scavenge for supplies and food, find and fortify a shelter, recruit other survivors to your cause, defend your people, and attempt to grow and expand, facing challenges every step of the way.

Starting from a procedurally generated world with dynamic events and encounters, Zpocalypse: Survival combines base management and good ol'fashioned combat with infinite building possibilities. It is designed to be moddable at every level, from your base, the survivors and enemies inhabiting the world, to the events and encounters you might come across. Our goal is to build tools and documentation. They will ship sometime after release (or sooner with your help) allowing you to add your own customizations to the game, and share them with friends

• The game is part Sandbox, part Real Time Strategy, and part RPG.
  • We will support PC initially, with plans to release on Mac & Linux. This will happen sooner rather than later with your support! We are looking at possibilities for tablets and consoles.
  • This Kickstarter is to fund the single player version of the game. We are extremely interested in multiplayer and this may appear as a future stretch goal.
Thank you Kordanor for the link.
smiley-wink.gif

More information.

Last edited:
Thank you for posting the news! ;)

I hope this gives the project a little push. While they are not doing too bad, they could really profit from an early burst.

Hopefully the Demo release which is scheduled for the 21st of April will also help.

When seeing the title, it jumped to face they used a name of a game board that was kickstarted. After reading that page, easily explained: that is the same company.

Zombies do not seem well thought but the game is already more than a simplified dead state.

I'll give em ten bucks, in the hopes that I finally have the true Romeroesque-zombie-fantasy game I've been wanting since the 80's.

Back
Top Bottom