Zpocalypse - Update #1, Stretch Goals & Dev Diary

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Greenbrier Games has posted the first update for Zpocalypse: Survival with information on Steam Greenlight, stretch goals, and posts a new Dev Diary.

Great start, Greenlight, Stretch Goals & Dev Diary 1

Thank you all for your support so far! Just before I posted this update we hit 10% so we are off to a great start and we are just kicking up our marketing again after coming back from PAX East 2014! So hopefully we will start seeing some news about the game on various websites. From PAX it was great to see so many people checking out the game and giving good feedback. We hope that continues as the campaign progresses, we are happy you are backers but we would also love for you to be contributors.

Steam Greenlight

If you haven’t seen, we have put the game up on Steam Greenlight. If you have an opportunity go check it out and show your support. Plus spread the news about it. The great thing about Greenlight is that it gets us even more visibility with more gamers which helps get the Kickstarter more visibility. Please note that while we do plan to use Steam as a distribution option we are looking at other distribution methods that offer DRM free options for those who prefer to not use Steam.

# Backer Stretch Goals

We have added some new stretch goals. This time based on our number of backers.

• 625 Backers - Option to start the game with a Bug-Out-Bag
  • 1250 Backers - Option to start the game with an advanced weapon (Voted)
  • 2500 Backers - Kickstarter Exclusive menu screen (Toggleable) (Voted)
  • 5000 Backers - Soundboard app of SFX from the game (Available as Add-on)
  • 10000 Backers - Option to start the game at a location (Voted)
I will be adding a graphic for this to the main page soon.

New Pledge Level

We have added an extra pledge level, due to backers request, that includes the base Zpocalypse game and a copy of the digital game. You can now get both of these at the $65 reward tier.

Dev Diary

So one thing I want to do in some of our updates is give you some info about the game, its development and our goals. For the future, please let us know what subjects you might be interested in and we will get you the news! To start of, lets go to the beginning…

We've been hard at work on our first digital title Zpocalypse: Survival for the past 12 months. There have been slow times and fast times, particularly since September and we've already gone through a number of iterations of the game. Real development for the current state of the game has been going on for about the last 6 months. I've wanted to make a digital game based of the Zpocalypse franchise ever since I first joined up with the team back in August of 2012, not too long after GBG finished up their first Kickstarter for the original Zpocalypse game. I started off helping them put together a small app that could be used to play the boardgame, with some added enhancements of music. Once we launched that around March 2013 we started looking at our next steps. We started off thinking of just making another app, keep it really simple, 2D and basically a direct port of the boardgame. So we started our design doc and one of our earliest design concepts.
More information.

interesting, but all of this KS stuff annoys me since the dumbfuck behind gcw zero whined to KS and had me essentially banned for telling teh truthz...

...hence any useful future project will NOT be funded by me as they think that I should kiss said dumbfuck's ass for totally fucking up or something along those lines... so I just cannot banned or not support dickheads like those.

…hence any useful future project will NOT be funded by me as they think that should kiss said dumbfuck's ass for totally fucking up or something along those lines… so I just cannot banned or not support dickheads like those.
Well with that attitude I can see why, and probably don't' blame the developer. I will also warn you to watch your language in your posts.^^

Corrected for you:

Interesting, but I regard Kickstarter presentations as unwelcome here since my clearly true opinion was expressed in a banal manner to a person behind gdw zero, which led to a negative response accompanied by a firm dismissal. As such, I am spreading the blame to everybody associated with Kickstarter, and will no longer be providing my token sums of support. Those who attempt to correct my opinion, I will henceforth regard as of mediocre intelligence, and will address through uncouth adjectives and the vernacular.
:)

4e4.gif

Back
Top Bottom