Temple of the Abyssal Winds - A New Indie RPG

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Merry Prankster Games sent us an email about their new RPG called Temple of the Abyssal Winds. Here is a video, and a short description of the game.

Temple of the Abyssal Winds

Twenty years ago, the demoness Urgoroth rose to power from the depths of the Temple of the Abyssal Winds. She was defeated, but your parents were lost in the conflict. Your aunt and uncle have raised you in the small village of Tomm's Crossing, where life has been mostly peaceful. Until now…

So begins the classic-style role-playing game Temple of the Abyssal Winds. Features:

• Epic fantasy adventure.
  • Single player, controlling a band of adventurers.
  • Real-time pauseable combat for realism and control.
  • A combination of open-ended exploration and strong story driven plot.
  • Tactically challenging encounters featuring many different strategies.
  • Deep, complex role-playing system, inspired by popular paper-and-pencil role playing games.
  • Dozens of quests, enemies, and monsters to tackle.
  • Build the character you want to - dozens of skills and powers, and hundreds of spells and items.
Try the first chapter for free, which includes a full adventure and conclusion. If you like what you see, continue on to the following five chapters. Merry Prankster Games invites you into the world of Temple of the Abyssal Winds!
More information.

I wanted to try out the demo but couldn't find it :(
Am I doing someting wrong or will I have to wait a while before they release it?

I wanted to try out the demo but couldn't find it :(
Am I doing someting wrong or will I have to wait a while before they release it?
The game doesn't have a demo yet. The website has the release date as sometime this year, and doesn't have any more information than that.
Temple of the Abyssal Winds is coming in 2014 for iPad and Windows.
So if your username is not Joxer you might be interested.:p

Certainly looks interesting.

Thanks for your interest! I'll be looking for some beta testers very soon, and the first two chapters should be available pretty soon after that.

Geoff

Looks good - hope you'll take some time to develop the plot, dialogue, story and quests, which can come across as secondary considerations in Indie games.

Looks good - hope you'll take some time to develop the plot, dialogue, story and quests, which can come across as secondary considerations in Indie games.

I've definitely put some effort into that. You'll have to judge the results for yourself!

Thanks,
Geoff

I've definitely put some effort into that. You'll have to judge the results for yourself!

Thanks,
Geoff

Good :). I like the perspective you've chosen - you get to see everything you need to see to explore & for combat. Plus the map rocks. How is the party AI? hopefully they don't quaff all their healing potions at the first sign of trouble; and do they behave sensibly without micromanagement?

Good :). I like the perspective you've chosen - you get to see everything you need to see to explore & for combat. Plus the map rocks. How is the party AI? hopefully they don't quaff all their healing potions at the first sign of trouble; and do they behave sensibly without micromanagement?

The party has virtually no AI. For an "easy" fight, you will generally just instruct them to attack the enemy, and they will do that competently. For more difficult fights, you should expect to manage them individually; tactical combat is one of the focuses of TotAW, and should be interesting and challenging.

Geoff

Back
Top Bottom