Soldak Entertainment - New Blog Update

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Soldak Entertainment sent us a link to a new blog post on their website where they talk about the developers next unnamed project.

We've started initial work on game 5 now. For our first few games we kept things quiet until we were ready to officially announce things, but that was a pain and not very fun, so we are going to start talking about the game now. Don't take anything we say as a guarantee though. It is still very early, so anything could change.

Just to be clear, this is a zombie survival game set in the DoP/DC universe. It is in a fantasy setting and will use an isometric viewpoint. While it's not really a true sequel, it will have lots of elements from DoP, DC, and even Drox.

I know there's probably too many zombie games, movies, TV shows, and books out right now, but I like zombies. :) If you haven't noticed, every game we've done has had zombies in it, even Drox. Anyways, as usual we would love your feedback. Questions, ideas, and criticisms are all welcome.
More information.

I'm sure there are plenty of people who like zombies. I don't really understand the appeal myself. I wonder how Soldak will make a complex game about them.

Their blog post is clear enough on the complexity elements. There is enough material to turn into a complex game. The question is about succeeding or failing.

As to zombies, I know only one game that succeeds to deliver what they are talking about. Many other utterly failed, a few other might in the end succeed in delivering but it is a work in progress.

This studio has already showed expertise in universes that could evolve without the imperative inputs of a player, a feature that is determining in the settings they chose. Zombies in a zombie survival game are essential and so many games either fail to make proper zombies or simply skip the problem of making proper zombies to try and and focus on human problems as they look sexier.

It is a welcomed project.

I actually like the idea of a medieval/fantasy/zombie survival sim. If any thing its quite original.

Back
Top Bottom