Lords of the Fallen - Preview @ Eurogamer

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Eurogamer has a new preview for Lords of the Fallen with some quotes from executive producer Thomasz Gop. To sum it up don't call the game Dark Souls.

"Do me a favour," a Polish journalist tells me, "don't ask him about Dark Souls." I laugh - we laugh - because I know what he's getting at. But I'm going to do it anyway, because there's no denying it: Lords of the Fallen is like Dark Souls - a next-gen Dark Souls, to say it right.

Developed by CI Games and Deck 13, this is the PC, PS4 and Xbox One action role-playing game where one hero takes on singularly powerful enemies, and bosses, in over-the-shoulder combat. Feet shuffle, hands are watched and attack patterns scrutinised. Get your timing wrong and you're dead, and quickly - and the experience you've earned falls with you, lingering by your corpse awaiting your return. Sound familiar?

"I'm over it," replies executive producer Thomasz Gop when I bring it up. "A year ago that would have been insufferable, but now I don't care. We're so far into the development of Lords that I can already sleep soundly." What he means is that after nearly three years, he's confident Lords can stand on its own two feet, and that people will see more than a clone. If being compared to Dark Souls was ever a bad thing, he says, "it's not a bad thing any more".
More information.

Back
Top Bottom