Steam - Updates FAQ on Early Access Games

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Steam has updated their FAQ to make clear that Early Access games might not be released at all and that you should only get involved if you are excited about playing it in its current state. GamesBeat contacted Valve on this and they had this to say:

“The changes to the FAQ are intended to help set customer expectations of what may or may not happen over the course of development of an Early Access game. We frequently iterate on Steam features as we gather feedback and find areas for improvement.

“In this case, it became apparent that further clarification would help customers evaluate their potential purchase of Early Access titles. We think of Steam, Early Access, and game development as services that grow and evolve best with the involvement of customers and the community.”
Read all about it.

More information.

They should honestly stop calling it early access and rename it to beta testing. I've always thought of it like that, but I understand if people are confused.

I think I now finally understand why early access simply has no appeal to me. I firmly believe that a game only gets one shot to make a first impression, and for that reason I'll most likely never try a game via early access.

lol is the only thing i can think of right now.

I can understand people apprehension about early access. Personally though, I've had a much better experience with early access than I have kickstarter.

I've stopped backing kickstarters but I will still selectively back early access.

I already thought there was plenty of warnings for Early access games on steam but I guess more can't hurt.

Back
Top Bottom