Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms - Developer Diary

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
BitComposer and Games Farm sent news they have started a new Developer Diary for their upcoming ARPG game Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms.

First Installment in Developer Diary Series for Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms Released Today

Eschborn, June 6th 2014 – bitComposer and Games Farm today published the first part of the developer diary series for upcoming action-RPG Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms. This first part also contains a Travelogue narrated by former Doctor Who actor Tom Baker.

In this video the developers introduce themselves and take a look back to the first installment in the Heretic Kingdoms franchise, Kult: Heretic Kingdoms, before giving a first glimpse into the world of Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms. In the First Episode of the Travelogue, Tom Baker presents one of the many regions in Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms: The Outlands.

Also released today is Part II of the developer interview series.

For more information on Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms, visit the official Website: http://www.shadows-game.com/
They also posted a new two part developer interview on the games Blog, You can read the first part here, and the second part here.

More information.

Looking good! That scorpion scaling the vertical rock surface is not a small coding feat! They seem to take this seriously & to heart. Particle effects looking good. Animations are good. Characters of different build come off really well.

Top notch work!

Played Heretic Kingdoms for the first time just over a year ago and thoroughly enjoyed it. I've been following the suprising news of a follow up but didn't expect it to be so similar - it's exactly what I want - bumped up graphics but with the same gameplay.

Looks like they're making it primarily for fans of the game - a refreshing approach!

While I'm not expecting it to be nearly as deep, I hope it gets interest from the Divinity/Pillars of Eternity crowd.

Nothing besides using the ability to switch between the Spirit/real world to talk/interact with a ghost/item; there could have been a lot more done with this mechanic - and hopefully that's what they'll do with the sequel.

Exciting and gorgeous! I'm glad to see this team at work again on a sequel. I thought the original was a shining example of what an isometric RPG should be. ^.^

Whoa, this game just went on my radar with a bang! Looks awesome, if there is one setting that makes me immediately interested in a rpg, it is desert settings. And this one they have in the game looks stunning!

Back
Top Bottom