Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms - Early Acces Preview

aries100

SasqWatch
Inc Gamers has a preview for this game. A quote on the difference between this game and other ARPGs:

The early periods of the game are designed to drum into your head the concept that a level is not just a single level but actually two levels. The difference between Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms and other ARPGs is that each level can be viewed and played as both the Devourer and the Mortal hero, with the player able to switch between the two forms at the click of a key.
And a quote from the conclusion:

Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms has so much potential to be a great ARPG thanks to the dual nature of the gameplay. There's no word on multiplayer right now, but we're guessing that if enough gamers join the Early Access it could be put firmly on the table. Having a co-operative game where there are actually two different versions of a level could be very interesting too. Players could hop between the two worlds together or tackle them individually at the same time as each other.
More information.

I bought the game from early access. It's a decent aRPG with interesting and different mechanics. It's more than an aRPG like its predecessor.

Anyway last night I passed the starting area and came to a new place. Suddenly the background music seemed familiar to me, after playing a bit more I realized that it's one of the themes of Risen 2. Weird.

Back
Top Bottom