Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms - Developer Diary

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Games Farm has sent us a new press release about the third Developer Diary video for Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms that was released on Youtube.

Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms – New developer diary gives detail about the Shadow Realm

Eschborn, 26 August 2014 – In the third installment of the developer diary series for Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms Games Farm presents the Shadow Realm . This parallel world constitutes one of the Action-RPG’s biggest features and is crucial for both story and gameplay mechanics. Players can travel to the Shadow Realm to find clues to solving puzzles or destroy demons, which keep reanimating their enemies in the human world.

The second focus of the newest developer diary is the Devourer, the protagonist of Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms. The devourer is a powerful demon from the Shadow Realm, who has the unique ability to control several souls, thus giving the player a pool of characters to choose from to build his party.

The next big content update for Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms will be available on September 4th, along with the official launch date. The game is currently available on Steam Early Access http://store.steampowered.com/app/256030/

Key features of Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms

- Switch between the shadow world and human world
- Considerable freedom of choice affects the game’s course
- Dynamic day-and-night cycle, and highly detailed location designs
- Gripping story set in a world of myths, destinies, and fabled creatures
- Unique party system

Further information about Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms can be found at: http://www.shadows-game.com/en/
More information.

This is what I love about RPGWatch. You cover these indie games that the big gaming sites ignore.

I'd never heard about this game until I saw it mentioned here. And this is just the sort of game I love. So thank you RPGWatch for giving me something to look forward too :)

I'm avoiding the early access because I want to see a finished product. I loved Kult, so I don't want to ruin the pleasure of a fully realized game. Anymore, there are more games calling themselves crpgs than I can play. Adding betas and such to my list is folly; though I did it for Divinity and basically ruined the enjoyment several of you experienced with the full game.

Was going to ask if this is a squeal to Kult but crpgnut has answered it for me. I never finished Kult but I remember liking it for some reason so its bit bizarre that why I never finished it lol

Back
Top Bottom