Shroud of the Avatar - Interview @ MMORPG

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Whenever I see a news about SotA I wonder where Rune's gone off to?

Does anyone when SotA is supposed to be released? What should we expect, I know there are some community members who play the Beta (Alpha?). I don't what to think of this game anymore...

Have they ever discussed the actual release of the game in these interviews or is it still mystery?

Can't find a release date but I do know Release 10 is set to go live September 25th.
Whenever I see a news about SotA I wonder where Rune's gone off to?
I think he got tired of defending the game, and just stopped. He last logged on at June 19th, and he hasn't replied to any thread for almost a year now.

Can't find a release date but I do know Release 10 is set to go live September 25th.

I think he got tired of defending the game, and just stopped. He last logged on at June 19th, and he hasn't replied to any thread for almost a year now.

According to official the first game of the series is released on fall 2014.
Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues is the first of a 5 game series of full-length games (each using the same game system), referred to as Episodes 1 through 5. Limited monthly access to Episode 1 is available now to backers with full-time live access estimated for end of 2014. Episodes 2 through 5 are estimated for subsequent yearly releases.
I had loads of fun with ultima 7 and ultima online back in the days. I really should play the old ultimas. I never finished even single one of them and some I never played. That reminds me I still have original sin to play.

What should we expect…

I wonder the same thing. When I first heard about the game, these are the highlights that stuck out:

-Single Player
-In The Spirit Of U7

Since then, emphasis has moved away from that and to:

-Multi Player/MMO
-House Building/Design
-PvP

Everything I see and read about SotA seems very different from how it was first pitched. I've really lost interest in the game and since their news videos typically push 1 hour or longer, I don't view them.

I guess at this point I'm hoping for the best but really, I'll be getting my U7 fix from D:OS when I start playing it later this year.

Everything I see and read about SotA seems very different from how it was first pitched. I've really lost interest in the game and since their news videos typically push 1 hour or longer, I don't view them.

Same here, and unless things change, my $150 collector's edition will remain shrinkwrapped and I'll sell it on EBay as a sad footnote to Ultima history.

Same here, and unless things change, my $150 collector's edition will remain shrinkwrapped and I'll sell it on EBay as a sad footnote to Ultima history.

I'm holding out hope that wrapped inside all the MMO/PVP/Own-A-House stuff that there will still be a fun single player game in the spirit of U7. That said, I don't follow the game's development much and I'm just taking a wait and see attitude about it.

Back
Top Bottom