Styx - New Gameplay Video

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Cyanide Studio’s released a new gameplay trailer for Styx: Master of Shadows, and mention the games release date in a press release.

STYX DISTRACTS AND SUBDUES IN “ ATTACK OF THE CLONE ” , THE NEW GAMEPLAY VIDEO OF STYX MASTER OF SHADOWS!

Embrace the Shadows with Styx ’ latest skill!

Styx: Master of Shadows, Cyanide Studio’s dark-fantasy infiltration game, is a murderous adventure rewarding skill, timing, reflexes and a keen eye for detail. Coming October for download on PS4®, Xbox One® and PC for €29.99/£24.99, your skulk through the Tower of Akenash will see you surrounded at all times by hordes of powerful enemies, which calls for reinforcements, in the form of a regurgitated clone!

Using the Amber in your veins, call upon this fleshy friend to open new tactical and strategic opportunities, as seen in this video showcasing a few of the clone’s abilities, such as dragging unsuspecting guards into chests, and blinding them, allowing you to pass.

Styx’ clone is one of the four Amber-fuelled powers that serve as Styx’ base skills (along with 7 skill trees). Creating a clone opens new potential strategic and tactical opportunities, such as distraction, the ability to blind multiple targets, and lure them to a desired location before tumbling objects onto them. As with all of Styx’ amber-fuelled skills, this uses the rare amber… and you will need to act swiftly, as clones aren’t exactly “stable” and will deteriorate quickly before imploding!

Having unlocked all of the skills from the 7 available skill trees in Styx: Master of Shadows, we’ve previously seen the nimble Styx overcome some of the weaker enemies in the game susceptible to his stealth abilities and dagger... but skills come at a cost, and the Amber to use them is scarce throughout the Tower of Akenash. For example, Styx’ Invisibility skill drains quickly, and uses half your maximum reserve of Amber: you’ll be required to rely primarily on your ability to sneak, plan and time your approach.

Carefully scour the area from above, or watch from the shadows for the perfect moment to deploy your clone – a controllable hunk of flesh able to distract and blind the enemy, hiding in crates to pull them to living deathtraps, or access areas closed to Styx and open new pathways. Styx’ clone is the ultimate ephemeral companion, and the right mix of distraction and skill will open hundreds of opportunities to exploit games in the guards’ patrols. Styx can always rely on his clone – but unable to defend itself, get caught in the light, and the entire Tower will descend upon him.

Join us next week when we introduce another exciting element of Styx: Master of Shadows with a new gameplay video!

Styx Master of Shadows is downloadable this October on PS4®, Xbox One® and PC at €29.99/£24.99.

- Watch the video

- Visit the official website
More information.

ruined a perfectly cool and original art and concept by cloning assassin's creed.
which was already a boring game.

Well, how much can you really do with a console game? They all pretty much feel the same to me except the old ones.

yeah, I dislike this direction. games should inspire not pass your time

its sad to see especially the cheaper ones going for AAA goals

Well, how much can you really do with a console game? They all pretty much feel the same to me except the old ones.

I haven't played alot of console games, but from what i did they actually trying to get that "arcade" feel to them. which i like. lot of the old companies, like capcom, managed to get that.
god of war was a fun game..at his time(now its boring, then again almost everything is boring).

I like it. It looks simple fun, kinda puzzle-ish. I can't stand the gameplay in AssCreed and Styx looks nothing like that. For me it is a more vertical Splinter Cell and Thief mix.

It's 20% of on preorder from steam.

I was getting it when I thought it would be 49.99 so for $23.99 it's a no brainer.

You people really have too much money to throw about :)

I haven't played alot of console games, but from what i did they actually trying to get that "arcade" feel to them. which i like. lot of the old companies, like capcom, managed to get that.
god of war was a fun game..at his time(now its boring, then again almost everything is boring).

When I see the combo of first/3rd person single player and console it's an automatic snore. There's really nothing on earth they could do to make decent gameplay that hasn't been done 1000 times.

Back
Top Bottom