Square Enix - Final Fantasy XIII on The PC?

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Hardcore Gamer has news that the entire Final Fantasy XIII series might be getting a PC release on Steam. This sound possible due to Square Enix talking about it before.

If there’s one thing PC devotees have always loved, it’s playing Final Fantasy on the PC. Ever since Final Fantasy VII worked its way onto computers in the late ’90s thanks to Eidos, playing a formerly console-exclusive game in the series on PC has always been exciting. It looks like the series could be again returning to PC, as a Steam logo has appeared on the official Final Fantasy XIII site:

Screen-Shot-2014-09-16-at-8.49.36-PM-621x400.png
More information.

OMG! FF coming back to PC!

Oh... errr, 13? Umm.... Are you sure you don't want to make a FF6 HD version instead?

Well it seems this and the next Final fantasy 15 might have a PC release. I can't blame them as they desperately need the cash now. Read the interview from Kotaku.

Link -http://kotaku.com/the-final-fantasy-xv-problem-1631021969

If not they may sell off their JRPG business it seems.
Look at that last line one more time. "If Final Fantasy XV doesn't do well, perhaps there's not much of a future for console games." Even if Tabata is over-reaching—even if he's just referring to the future of Square Enix and not of the Japanese industry as a whole—that is an inordinate amount of pressure. The people behind Final Fantasy XV are carrying the weight of an entire genre on their shoulders. No wonder it's taking so long.

I mean, think about it this way: If Final Fantasy XV flops, it could be the last console Final Fantasy we ever see. We might see the series go to mobile, or we might see Square downsize and look for a buyout, or maybe they'll outsource the brand—I don't know. But I do know that a lot is riding on this one

Last edited:
FF slowly lost me after FF 10. 11 was a MMO I couldn't get into. 12 started phasing out turns. I got far into it but then my party wiped after a particularly long period between checkpoints, and I rage-quit the game. 13 phased turn based out even more and I really had to force myself to play it. 14 is an MMO I tried in beta and found lacking (supposedly it got a better release recently but the damage was done in my mind). 15 completely ditches any resemblance of turn based and it's now officially an action RPG, so R.I.P. Final Fantasy (for me).

Yeah, I hear ya Wolfing, though I think I liked 10 more than you. 12 felt a bit like programming my own AI which was pretty fun but I didn't like the story much. I nearly made it to the end but quit in what I think was the final dungeon out of sheer apathy. Not many people seemed to like 13 at all. I've got hopes for 15 but we'll have to see.

Meanwhile, Final Fantasy 4 is out on Steam. Now. Today. $16. I'm starting to have pretty high hopes for 6. (Though I doubt it will be re-made in a high tech graphics engine.)

Yeah, I hear ya Wolfing, though I think I liked 10 more than you. 12 felt a bit like programming my own AI which was pretty fun but I didn't like the story much. I nearly made it to the end but quit in what I think was the final dungeon out of sheer apathy. Not many people seemed to like 13 at all. I've got hopes for 15 but we'll have to see.
Oh I loved FF X too, it's the last FF I enjoyed (also its pseudo-sequel FF X-2).

FF slowly lost me after FF 10.

FF lost me long before then. FF 7 was the last one I really enjoyed to any degree.

The SNES titles will always be my favorites. Back then, you actually got to play the games instead of just watching one cinematic after another.

No wonder square isn't doing well, they had a classic concept that people loved! Why the heck did they start with their stupid real-time crap, and also they lost the fantastic stories, I think already FF-X started to lose a bit of the Final Fantasy Charm.. although I only got about 20 hours in to it, might be it picks up from there....

I actually LOVED FFXII, I like the fact you see enemies on screen and I can still "feel" the turns even if they more under the hood than earlier titles. The MMO's I wouldn't dream of trying and XIII I only played for a couple of hours before deciding it wasn't for me.

There's this saying that if you don't have anything nice to say, then keep quiet. As you know, that's not my way.

But just this once, I'll try it ;)

There's this saying that if you don't have anything nice to say, then keep quiet. As you know, that's not my way.

But just this once, I'll try it ;)
Is the world ending please tell me it isn't? :end:

When has Dart not given his opinion about everything.:)

The very sad thing is FFXIII-2 was actually an amazing JRPG. It brought back many traditional tropes people enjoy but also included unique mechanics to keep it fresh. I recently Platinum'd it and loved it very much. I find no reason it shouldn't be included among the great FF titles. Too bad not so many people played it...give it a try if you can pick it up for cheap one day.

... and the whole trilogy should be out by Spring. Wow. Square/Enix scorns us for years and now suddenly they are moving in - and bringing their dirty laundry with them!

… and the whole trilogy should be out by Spring. Wow. Square/Enix scorns us for years and now suddenly they are moving in - and bringing their dirty laundry with them!
It's all about money and they need it after wasting so much of it.:greedy:

I for one am happy with this decision as I don't own a single console anymore. I'm also curious about how much money the latest Final Fantasy PC games have made?:thinking:

Last edited:
XIII has an interesting combat system but you have to skip every cutscene.

The story is completely incomprehensible. Seriously, if not for the interlude cliff notes by Alexander O Smith, you would have not a single clue of what is going on.

Also lots of weird/cheesy stuff like Shiva being a motorcycle.

They really need to ban Nomura into an alternate dimension so we are rid of his rubbish plots on the intelligence level of 7 years-old, and of his pretty boy characters that always wear the latest trendy clothes.

Every single character he makes is all kinds of bad, and it's a lot worse now that he has complete creative control, rather than in the PSOne era. In FXIII, Vanille is the single most annoying videogame character ever. You will actually wish for her to die. The rest is pure rubbish: "Lightning" the two dimensional "though chick" who "hates whiners" with a "soft side", Hope the whiny brat, Sazh the stereotypical and out of place "cool" black guy with an afro (with a chick who lives in it), "Snow" the meathead...

Is there even a single person on earth who thinks any of it is any good? Honestly it just boggles the mind. I am glad he is supposedly not the director for FFXV anymore.

Last edited:
The story and characters, not necessarily the game itself.

This franchise has been riding on its past legacy for a long while now, only it's now nothing but a famous name. I don't think these games ever really had stories which were that good. They were popcorn entertainment with the story of a shonen manga that never aimed high, but they were decent shonen. Looking back as an adult as the SNES ones I played as a high-schooler I see a lot of stuff which makes me cringe, but there are remotely decent and likeable characters and moments.

Now it just borders on the incomprehensible. They really need to fire all of their writers.

Back
Top Bottom