Graal Seeker - Indiegogo Update #1

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Lugludum posted the first Indiegogo Update for Graal Seeker. The campaigns off to a slow start with only earning €947 of the games €10,000 goal in four days.

Dear Graal Seekers,

This is our first news today and it’s just the beginning of the campaign for Graal Seeker. First we would like to thank our first contributors, you are truly awesome! You are the very first Graal Seekers, and we value a lot your feedback and support.

We hope you will have pleasure to discover everything we have prepared for you in this campaign. Contributors to the campaign can have a special place in our community, by helping us go throw a very rich alpha in November. To join the alpha in November, you just have to take the “Graal Seeker” contribution or above. This will also get you the game of course and all the previous awesome rewards.
More information.

Indiegogo doesn't seem to be a recipe for success. Lords of Xulima barely made 10k and with two 1000 dollar contributions, near the end, which were kind of suspicious, though I was happy it made it. It made tons in comparison on Kickstarter. Seeing 2 RPGs struggling greatly for funds today just reinforces my view, as well as some of the other unsuccessful campaigns which have appeared over the last year. I suppose if you're desperate and can't get on Kickstarter it might be better than nothing, but it seems a computer game can't get a workable budget on that platform. Sure Skull Girls did great, but that seems a big exception.

Unless things have changed Indiegogo means devs get money even if the campaign is unsuccessful. On Kickstarter if your campaign fails nobody gets charged and the devs get zero. That's why I use kickstarter; so my funds don't go to a fraudulent or not-well-planned campaign.

Unless things have changed Indiegogo means devs get money even if the campaign is unsuccessful. On Kickstarter if your campaign fails nobody gets charged and the devs get zero. That's why I use kickstarter; so my funds don't go to a fraudulent or not-well-planned campaign.

Man we need a like button on these forums...so agree.

It is an option---flexible funding means the money arrives as it is pledge, fixed funding is a "target or nothing" much the same as Kickstarter.

Now that's interesting getter77. I didn't know that they had a fixed funding option and I wouldn't go looking at a campaign unless they heavily advertised the fact that they're fixed funding. Want me to chip in? Brag about being fixed funded if you're on indiegogo :)

It says whether it is fixed or flexible funding just below where it shows the goal with this one being set to flexible funding.

Back
Top Bottom